hotelbeds.com - a warning - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

hotelbeds.com - a warning

joecraigfanclub

A wee warning against using this company for hotel bookings. Booked the Park Inn in Glasgow last saturday for the night of the England game. Booked it back in October 2016. Turned up on Saturday with the voucher and was told the hotel had not been notified by Hotbeds.com and as such we had no room and there were no spare rooms due to the game.

Managed to get somewhere at a reasonable, for Saturday and last minute notice, price but it was a royal pain. Will be asking my credit card company to refund payment for the hotbeds.com charge and sending them the bill for the other hotel. Guy at park Inn was brand new and has sent me an email to send to my card company saying they received no notification of the booking at Park Inn

10 minutes ago, joecraigfanclub said:

A wee warning against using this company for hotel bookings. Booked the Park Inn in Glasgow last saturday for the night of the England game. Booked it back in October 2016. Turned up on Saturday with the voucher and was told the hotel had not been notified by Hotbeds.com and as such we had no room and there were no spare rooms due to the game.

Managed to get somewhere at a reasonable, for Saturday and last minute notice, price but it was a royal pain. Will be asking my credit card company to refund payment for the hotbeds.com charge and sending them the bill for the other hotel. Guy at park Inn was brand new and has sent me an email to send to my card company saying they received no notification of the booking at Park Inn

Cheers for flagging this up. I tend to use last minute booking companies quite regularly, but I haven't heard of this crew. So I wouldn't know if this is a regular occurrence for them, or just a "one off".

• 2 weeks later...

Had a not dissimilar issue with Expedia recently.  We had a room but it was completely different to what we paid for.  Hotel confirmed Expedia had not reserved the room we paid for.  Called Expedia, after one hour on phone during first night of holiday, eventually got a refund for one of the 6 nights stay.  Was told we'd get a call the next day about sorting the remainder of our stay - heard nothing from them at all.

Edited by SMcoolJ

• 2 weeks later...
On 27 June 2017 at 9:26 AM, giblet said:

how did you get on with this?  Ridiculous in this day and age for that kind of shoddy business.

Emailed them today as there has been no resolution. They said they were arguing with the hotel company over whose fault it was but I think they are a shambles. Am expecting it to drag on. Guy on reception at the day was very good. He asked them to re send their email of confirmation they had sent Park Inn but they wouldn't or couldn't do it. 

Regarding the comment about Expedia, they guy at the Park Inn said this kind of experience was an awful lot more common than you reckoned. 

He could also have been a very convincing liar and if so deserves an oscar for his performance on the phone :-)

• 4 weeks later...

And the good news is they have refunded my hotel costs in full and stuck a 25 euro, I think, compensation on top of the original cost of £128. Total refund was £151. Had exchanged a couple of emails in the last few weeks but nothing serious in terms of where is my money so they have done right by me. Still wouldn't use them again however. It wasn't too bad it happening here but somewhere abroad may well have been a complete nightmare.