Scotland v England : Match Thread - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v England : Match Thread

Big Col

4 minutes ago, COLT NY said:

Also. how was that a free kick on the edge of the box that let to Kane's goal? Both of them were at it and behind them the England player was all over the defender.

I think that is a fair point but I doubt there'll be any analysis of it. Still its done, great to see Scotland come back from one done and excellent strikes by Griffiths who I have often been critical of. I hope that gives him confidence to start banging them in regularly at international level.  I left the house to take my daughter to work and we were one nil down, Came back fully expecting us to be two behind and hten found out we'd just equalised, absolute roller coaster of emotions

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both our and their second goals were never free kicks. Their equaliser was a shocker - all we had to do was hump it up the park. Why does it always have to be like this? When is something finally going to go for Scotland?

Just now, romanticscot said:

We can still make the play offs if we finish with 4 wins and England doing us a favour. These campaigns all seem to come down to one or two games that don't go our way, and it's consistently like that. 

Yes that's because we are not good enough, it certainly ain't bad luck.

Some but not all of the players do not have the belief nor the passion to play for Scotland. Some can barely sing the fecking anthem.

before anyone starts,  our boys should feel nothing but pride when that anthem is pumping but they don't. Anyone who thinks differently can kiss my hairy hoop. Watching the rugby team, almost in tears at the anthem and then give everything for Scotland makes me feel ashamed of the football team.

Ill get pelters but I don't think some of our players give the same level of passion and commitment they do to their clubs.

2 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

We can still make the play offs if we finish with 4 wins and England doing us a favour. These campaigns all seem to come down to one or two games that don't go our way, and it's consistently like that. 

Worst second place from groups doesn't progress. That would probably be us ?

9 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Huge banana  skin game in Lithuania on Sept 1st. If we win that, then maybe..................,

24 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

We had to win.

Nonsense.

im not saying we'll qualify, but we absolutely did not have to win today. Anything we got from today was always going to be a bonus. 

However, we do have to win our last 4 games and I can't see us doing that.

Was at the game lads. Those English are a shower of horrible bams. 

Thought Craig Gordon was shocking all day. Flapped at everything. The first goal, wtf was he doing with the pass back and then the shot went right through him. Armstrong's pass for their second was brutal. 

All in all would have taken the draw but gutted we have let that slip. Typical us I suppose 

The reason we lost that game is simple. Craig gordon who has been brilliant servant for us was a bag of nerves all day. The time in first half he came out in first half and tierney cleared off line affected him mentally, because no way does he usually flap at the first goal and allow the first goal to go in and no way does he usually allow a cross from side line to be volleyed in from 5 yards out..

Strachan now has a huge job to lift the players to play in lithuania on that plastic pitch. 

Edited by Templeton_Peck