England Supporters - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England Supporters

The Bunnet

Living down here, bit more coverage today about the England fans who travel to away games. Did not know that their are only 8000 in the England supporters club. And that their are still a good number of bampots travelling. While at the big away games following Scotland, we can have a fair few who go overboard. It is not like the England "few" who still think it is the 1980s.

They have a habit of moving to the stadium on masse, cans and bottles in hand. Which if you take a swig from a sneaky can near Hampden can cost a few quid, if Glasgow`s finest clock you. How will the police and England fans deal with this.

Was at the game in 1988 at Hampden when their was bother (first time I had seen any numbers of England fans near Hampden) before and after. But oblivious to it until reading in next days papers.

Reading the police wanted to change day and time of game a few weeks back. But as I say you can go to game, have good day out and never see anything. And that is what we always do.

Just a comment on how dailys down here highlighting the bad yins.

I read the article this morning about the Police request. They appeared to offer no alternative and what also baffles me is they ask the SFA 3/4 weeks before the game when the fixture and KO time has been set since July 2015.

2 hours ago, The Bunnet said:

They have a habit of moving to the stadium on masse, cans and bottles in hand. Which if you take a swig from a sneaky can near Hampden can cost a few quid, if Glasgow`s finest clock you. How will the police and England fans deal with this.

So do Scotland fans.

When we played Norway in 2003 the police were letting them drink bevy while fining out fans who were standing talking to them. They said there was no point fining them cos they won't pay it but can't see that applying to England fans.

Manchester police pulled my mate at the airport coming back from Albafeuira for a fine for drinking in the street in Glasgow so they'll likely be treated the same as us.

I don't think we should tar all England fans with the same brush...

what we are talking about here are a handful of Extremists' lead by tossers following an outdated ideology , but having said that, be vigilant.

I not making a joke, im making a serious comparison between fukkin morons.

We where on the tube packed with mainly West Ham fans at the away game at Wembley last November - most where sound lads (although they pretty much all sounded like Danny Dyer :lol:)

I'm sure there will be bampots on both sides - Glasgow's finest are more than capable of handling Saturdays game.

39 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Glasgow's finest are more than capable of handling Saturdays game.

Aye cos they handled Ajax so brilliantly recently....

They're more intent on picking off the young team for singing songs or drinking in the street than being near potential violence.

19 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Aye cos they handled Ajax so brilliantly recently....

They're more intent on picking off the young team for singing songs or drinking in the street than being near potential violence.

Agree with you part about the young team (my son has a season ticket in the North Curve)

However they do cope with at least 4 old firm games a season & the baggage that goes with that fixture, without too many problems.

36 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Agree with you part about the young team (my son has a season ticket in the North Curve)

However they do cope with at least 4 old firm games a season & the baggage that goes with that fixture, without too many problems.

Thought they'd said not to bring bags?

Beware. England fans are very sleekit.  They dress and look very similar to us. Its quite sinister.  Only way to out them is asking them for 2 fivers for a tenner.  Use Scottish notes and you see their confusion.  

5 hours ago, Alan said:

Beware. England fans are very sleekit.  They dress and look very similar to us. Its quite sinister.  Only way to out them is asking them for 2 fivers for a tenner.  Use Scottish notes and you see their confusion.  

:lol: