Air cadets only - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any ATC out there? This is really tricky if you don't look at the comments (where the anoraks have posted already). If you get more than 2 right you are a cheat ^_^

https://hushkit.net/2017/05/29/expert-level-aircraft-identification-quiz/

Otherwise, just enjoy ...like the Old Glasgow pics   er... like cluster bombs & consumption, I know... sorry.

mutley-21.png

16 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Any ATC out there? This is really tricky if you don't look at the comments (where the anoraks have posted already). If you get more than 2 right you are a cheat ^_^

https://hushkit.net/2017/05/29/expert-level-aircraft-identification-quiz/

Otherwise, just enjoy ...like the Old Glasgow pics   er... like cluster bombs & consumption, I know... sorry.

mutley-21.png

I was in 439 Linlithgow. One of the civilian instructors used to win the Wing Aircraft identification competition each year they were a cadet.

So nobody learned shit as we could just ask him, which means i can only get one of the aircraft shown.

2166 Hamilton me. The greatest mixture of teenage lads ever (no girls back then). And I do mean mixture. Loved my time there, but did a tremendous amount of marchin' up and down. In the mix I guess I was the *nerdy one, but that quiz was hard as you know.

There was my best pal, who I've sadly lost touch with (my fault).   The flight sergeant was my look-up-to guy; I think he saved my life dragging me from the bottom trying to get a swimming cert. Did he say "swim you wee cnut" or did I imagine that on my third time under. There was the "kinky" cadet that seemed to be in charge of initiation ceremonies :o ...very unfashionable these days. The guy who never ran a yard in his life, but took a stretch and won everything at the sports (except the races I asked him not to compete B) ). The first black guy I ever met, and was the coolest and funniest guy in Hamilton. The pal I shot in the right nut with an air rifle. (Not at Dechmont .303 range thank feck!) Ah, those were the days...

*Plus I can explain to Mrs.Grim how an aeroplane flies. Though she doesn't seem to get it ^?^

1138 ardrossan sqd. Leading cadet Craig. Don't think I managed to get any of them right but I did manage to win the aircraft I'd quiz not long after I started atc. It was run by some far careers guys as a bit of fun and they couldn't believe I could name them all even down to the f3 or gr5 designation. Guess I was a bit of a geek lol