• Announcements

    • TAMB1

      PLEASE READ: TAMB is not closing!   10/12/2017

      Just to provide an update on the future of the Tartan Army Message Board. To be clear the board will not be closing and instead will be staying open and will hopefully go from strength to strength. Who Are We? We are a group of Scotland supporters who have varied skills and expertise, along with experience of  being involved in football and running football message boards. When we heard the TAMB faced closure, we contacted the old team with a detailed plan which involved financing and running the board. After speaking to the old team on a number of occasions they have allowed us to put our plan into action. While speaking to them and going on their experience and that of those before them, we have elected to keep our identity private, however rest assured we have the best intentions for the board and those on it. Our Plans. Our plan will involve a number of stages which we hope will not only keep the board going but help improve and rejuvenate it. Our first step will be to do a bit of a clean-up of the board. This will involve some downtime for a few hours where posting will be disabled. We plan to do this early next week, a full notice will be posted on the board then. Once that is completed we will be upgrading the current board platform, both behind the scenes and hopefully aesthetically too. There will be an ongoing process of board improvements which we hope you, the user will help us with, so you have a board you will enjoy We thank the old board team for all their hard work, dedication and their help during this handover and hope you will all help support our plans going forward.
Sign in to follow this  
joecraigfanclub

Toulon Tournoi

Recommended Posts

Know a couple of guys who have done Marseille on the stadium hopping circuit. 

Yes there is stadium tours you can do.

They have all said the same thing about Marseille that it has that Barcelona vibe about it (somewhat pleasing on the eye, but a dark underbelly to it which has you looking over your shoulder) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wanderer said:

They have all said the same thing about Marseille that it has that Barcelona vibe about it (somewhat pleasing on the eye, but a dark underbelly to it which has you looking over your shoulder) 

From my experience of Marseille it's hee haw like Barcelona. 

Marseille is, in the main, a bit of a hole. Not somewhere i'd go for another trip. The stadium is cracking though :ok: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wanderer said:

Know a couple of guys who have done Marseille on the stadium hopping circuit. 

Yes there is stadium tours you can do.

They have all said the same thing about Marseille that it has that Barcelona vibe about it (somewhat pleasing on the eye, but a dark underbelly to it which has you looking over your shoulder) 

Barcelona is an amazing city. Nothing like Marseille IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going over for a couple of the games. Out on the Friday and staying at Fos Sur Mer for a couple of nights then Marseille for three nights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was in Marseille last June for the Euros, Poland v Ukraine. Decent city, but never comparable to Barcelona in any way. 

We had a better two days in Cassis on the coast, what a cracking town that was! ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its not a great place but of poop hole really but people were nice drink was throught the roof but we were there for the euros iceland v hungary lyon on the other up is much much better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-17 at 5:43 PM, McTeeko said:

Was in Marseille last June for the Euros, Poland v Ukraine. Decent city, but never comparable to Barcelona in any way. 

We had a better two days in Cassis on the coast, what a cracking town that was! ??

Went on a half day trip from Aix en Provence to Cassis in April. Didn`t see much of village as was on boat trip to see rocks (can`t remember name) which wasn`t a great idea as boat was small, sea was choppy and we`d stopped for winetasting on way but it looked good. Lots of better alternatives to Marseilles - Aix en P, Avignon,..... Nimes was nice but a bit further away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ironbrew said:

Went on a half day trip from Aix en Provence to Cassis in April. Didn`t see much of village as was on boat trip to see rocks (can`t remember name) which wasn`t a great idea as boat was small, sea was choppy and we`d stopped for winetasting on way but it looked good. Lots of better alternatives to Marseilles - Aix en P, Avignon,..... Nimes was nice but a bit further away.

Calanques. Aye we did that too. A decent wee one-hour boat trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Salon for the first game. Nice wee town and there is a pub cum glorified beer off licence in the main square that has stacks of different beers and it's reasonably priced "My Beer". Very near the ground.

By the way, Nice or Marseilles...the pick pockets are very, very good (aka bastards)! Look after yer gear and don't carry anything in outside pockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2-3 defeat to Czech Rep. Two from Burke; good finish as he broke away in the first minute to put us ahead.

Then down 1-2 before Burke scored a penalty. We lost a third a couple of mins later.

Burke looks a bit out of place to be honest. Ralston of Celtic was good and we have a couple of big , but not exactly pacey, guys at the back.

The Czechs were a bit more skillful and a bit more physical than us. If we can learn from this (Brazil and Indonesia to play), it'll have been very worthwhile.

A reasonable performance against a team that are pretty fair at this level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this