Scottish teams in Europe - Page 55 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

3 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

And I'm going to assume that you can't answer the questions that I put to you and came up with this reply instead.

Ok, in answer to your questions.

1. Yes
  2. Champions League
  3. Included in the above, so Yes

Happy?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Is it not h2h? So presuming neither pick up a point next week, Celtic just need to avoid a 3 goal defeat...

Ok yes basically

Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;

Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;

Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;

Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;

If more than two teams are tied, and after applying all head-to-head criteria above, a subset of teams are still tied, all head-to-head criteria above are reapplied exclusively to this subset of teams;

Goal difference in all group matches;

Much better last night and delighted that our best players were Calum McGregor, James Forrest and Kieran Tierney.

I'm only gutted that the move just before half-time didn't end up with the ball in the net.......what a goal that would have been!

3-0 defeat for Chelsea last night at Roma.

Embarrasing surely? You know, like folk said our defeat away to Bayern was.....

A better performance last night but ultimately nothing gained from it bar possibly confidence. The PSG game will be a huge marker on if we are indeed progressing. 

Best European performance under Rodgers last night by quite some distance. A missed opportunity never the less and we should have got at least a point, our ability to concede tremendously soft goals at this level will drive me insane. If we play like that in the Europa league mind you, then we could go far.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Best European performance under Rodgers last night by quite some distance. A missed opportunity never the less and we should have got at least a point, our ability to concede tremendously soft goals at this level will drive me insane. If we play like that in the Europa league mind you, then we could go far.

Frustrating a fuk to play so well then lose a goal like the first but still a few positives to take from the game.

Saturday in Perth will also be a good test for us.