Scottish teams in Europe - Page 60 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

See the next time Aberdeen lose against Celtic and you pipe up. I’m bringing up this statement from you. 👍🏻

For what it’s worth, I’m in agreement with you. It just pisses me off to read about Scottish sides supposedly “bottling it” or “lacking in ambition” when Celtic continue on their gazillion game unbeaten run. 

Celtic are in a no win situation at the minute 

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'll remind you of that the next time Celtic fans are moaning about lack of competition int he league.

you do that :lol: people on here baffle me Celtic as a club will never be able to match the likes of PSG, i am happy with hopefully being in Europe after Christmas but some clown who supports Kilmarnock wants us to.......like i said laughable

1 minute ago, Blackpool78 said:

you do that :lol: people on here baffle me Celtic as a club will never be able to match the likes of PSG, i am happy with hopefully being in Europe after Christmas but some clown who supports Kilmarnock wants us to.......like i said laughable

Celtic fans on here(some) baffle me. Kilmarnock/St. Johnstone/Aberdeen will never be able to match the likes of Celtic. I am happy to hopefully qualify for Europe though, blah, blah, blah. 

See what I’m getting at?

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Celtic fans on here(some) baffle me. Kilmarnock/St. Johnstone/Aberdeen will never be able to match the likes of Celtic. I am happy to hopefully qualify for Europe though, blah, blah, blah. 

See what I’m getting at?

You like to mention Aberdeen.....are they your big club:lol:

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

I think anybody who is sane enough would realise I have used them due to them being the nearest club to Celtic. :rolleyes:

@Ormond

I think we all know the truth. Should I really start sharing private messages from fb on here? 

Fvck it, I will, it went like this?

Ormond: I’m coming back home for a couple of weeks in October, any chance if I came up your way, you could get me a ticket for pittodrie? I want to tick it off my bucket list. 

Dandydunn: Aye, no problem, just say when you’ll be here and I’ll sort it. 

O: Brilliant bud, I actually can’t wait, it’s gonna be  like totally amazing. 

D: Don’t get too excited, Home atmospheres are generally shite. 

O: Don’t worry about that, I go to rounders a lot over here, so if I can get excited over that pish, I’ll be just fine. 

D: Ok mate, keep in touch and I’ll sort it out. 

True story

Edited by dandydunn

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

@Ormond

I think we all know the truth. Should I really start sharing private messages from fb on here? 

Fvck it, I will, it went like this?

Ormond: I’m coming back home for a couple of weeks in October, any chance if I came up your way, you could get me a ticket for pittodrie? I want to tick it off my bucket list. 

Dandydunn: Aye, no problem, just say when you’ll be here and I’ll sort it. 

O: Brilliant bud, I actually can’t wait, it’s gonna be  like totally amazing. 

D: Don’t get too excited, Home atmospheres are generally shite. 

O: Don’t worry about that, I go to rounders a lot over here, so if I can get excited over that pish, I’ll be just fine. 

D: Ok mate, keep in touch and I’ll sort it out. 

True story

:lol: The pish I slaver when drunk it widnae surprise me. 

Edited by Ormond

1 hour ago, shaggycoo said:

Talkshite currently debating whether or not BR should do the right thing and walk after another European humiliation....

That's 3 of Celtic's worst European results under BR. The 2 games they've lost away 7-1 and the 5-0 at home. 

If you just look at those results in a set of about 30 games, it doesn't look very good. 

Talk of him resigning is ludicrous. He has to be allowed the chance to lose heavily in the Europa League too, surely? 😉

38 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

That's 3 of Celtic's worst European results under BR. The 2 games they've lost away 7-1 and the 5-0 at home. 

If you just look at those results in a set of about 30 games, it doesn't look very good. 

Talk of him resigning is ludicrous. He has to be allowed the chance to lose heavily in the Europa League too, surely? 😉

I think the Barca game was 7-0 ?

14 hours ago, macy37 said:

You appear to be surmising that I’m sore about the result. While it’s never nice to lose heavily it was more than expected. Third was always going to be a great achievement and we still have a chance of doing this so the bigger picture is looking ok. We are playing against sides that are on a completely different level and it’s to be expected. It will be terrific to see European football in the new year it’s just a shame other sides from Scotland can’t manage to get through August. Here’s hoping that will change sometime soon.

You just got butt fukd 7-1, you should be feeling sore , where's your pride? 

14 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Caught a bit of the highlights last night and have to say Craig Gordon looked more than suspect at a few of the goals.  Any time I see him these days (admittedly not that often) he seems to look a bit dodgy and it surprises me that Celtic have kept this domestic run going so long with him in goal.

Made a couple of decent stops at the end though to keep them down to single figures to be fair.

I wanted Celtic to do well in Europe, however when they get hosed I will still laugh.

Rodgers tactics, yet again, have quite clearly failed, and were harmful to his teams performance and result. He isnt the messiah like some think, he has improved Celtic, quite a bit in fact, but not to where they want to be. Its also amazing that he has pretty much one formation, with very minor adjustments.

I like Lustig, and Tierney is clearly a very good player, but the two central defenders are not nearly good enough. His Arsene Wenger tactic of ignoring defensive frailties that everyone could see have harmed his teams chances of progressing in Europe at the top level. However, 3rd place was their goal after getting the group from hell, and it looks almost certain that they will get that.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

I wanted Celtic to do well in Europe, however when they get hosed I will still laugh.

Rodgers tactics, yet again, have quite clearly failed, and were harmful to his teams performance and result. He isnt the messiah like some think, he has improved Celtic, quite a bit in fact, but not to where they want to be. Its also amazing that he has pretty much one formation, with very minor adjustments.

I like Lustig, and Tierney is clearly a very good player, but the two central defenders are not nearly good enough. His Arsene Wenger tactic of ignoring defensive frailties that everyone could see have harmed his teams chances of progressing in Europe at the top level. However, 3rd place was their goal after getting the group from hell, and it looks almost certain that they will get that.

Surprised by that. He's the poorest player in the Celtic team and has been for a while. Looked very much like he didn't fancy it against Neymar last night and "limped" off.  Total coward. Wouldn't be surprised if he starts on Sunday. 

12 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

See if Celtic win first leg at home 1-0 in europa against a decent side. Do you think BR will stick to same tactics?

Yes he will. If he's at fault for anything it's for not bringing in better options at RB, CB and GK.

12 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I think a letter of complaint to ofcom is in order. I thought it was outrageous that BT thought it was appropriate to broadcast a live shagging before the watershed 

You must still be having nightmares about the night Malmö came to town then eh?

19 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yes he will. If he's at fault for anything it's for not bringing in better options at RB, CB and GK.

Aye, his signing policy seems a bit bizarre. There is no way you could look at that defence and say it's not needing boosted, even back in pre season.

He was extremely guilty of being stubborn in Europe with Liverpool and result showed that. It's a results driven business. If I were a Celtic fan and had a 2-0 win and he went to say Sevilla and played a formation like he did in Munich/Germany then I'd not be happy.

O'Neill got Celtic to a final by grinding out away results.

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, his signing policy seems a bit bizarre. There is no way you could look at that defence and say it's not needing boosted, even back in pre season.

He was extremely guilty of being stubborn in Europe with Liverpool and result showed that. It's a results driven business. If I were a Celtic fan and had a 2-0 win and he went to say Sevilla and played a formation like he did in Munich/Germany then I'd not be happy.

O'Neill got Celtic to a final by grinding out away results.

I don't have a problem with him trying to play expansive football home and away....but you need a solid base to do it and the likes of Lustig, Boyatta and Gordon don't provide that. Either he brings in better or has a rethink.

Against the likes of PSG a pragmatic approach just narrows the scoreline and bores the tits off everyone. I'd rather see us have a go but the defending has to be much better.