Scottish teams in Europe - Page 56 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

25 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Did people really say Celtic losing to Bayern Munich Away was embarrassing?

I recall some on sportsound saying the manner in which they played was embarrassing because they can have played better. Losing over their wasn't the embarrassing part.

13 hours ago, jcs said:

What should shut us up having a close competitive game against last years finalists AYE Celtic should be ashamed of themselves lol

never said be ashamed mate - 41 other clubs in scotland would love to be in your spot with 100x more resources doing well against a top side...

If we can sort out CB, we could do okay in the Europa League. 

I though Sinclair could have done more and if he is serious about going to the World cup he needs to start having an impact against the better sides. Alan Thompson was able to and I don't think he was as good at Sinclair.

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Casual open sectarianism from Murdo 

DNiNLcfWAAA8oEt.jpg

Celtic are still in Europe .........  Not the Champions League, but still in Europe. 

However when do Facts ever get in the way of Murdos Moronic Mouthings 

27 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I though Sinclair could have done more and if he is serious about going to the World cup he needs to start having an impact against the better sides. Alan Thompson was able to and I don't think he was as good at Sinclair.

Agreed. I thought Scotty was poor last night. Apparently we're in for a Croatian centre back and the fee would break our transfer record. Encouraging if true 👍

56 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Sinclair has absolutely zero chance of going to the world cup regardless of how well he might be playing for Celtic. He won't get picked while he's playing in Scotland.

5 hours ago, macy37 said:

3-0 defeat for Chelsea last night at Roma.

Embarrasing surely? You know, like folk said our defeat away to Bayern was.....

A better performance last night but ultimately nothing gained from it bar possibly confidence. The PSG game will be a huge marker on if we are indeed progressing. 

I live in London. After the 3-0 game against Bayern all the papers & a lot of online stuff referred to the game as 'a hammering'. Never thought of 3-0 as a hammering, a comfortable victory maybe but a hammering would be more like 5-0. There's definitely a tendancy to be condescending/dismissive about anything to do with Scottish football.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Sinclair has been poor in a fair number of european games since joining, his back tracking and defensive covering, which you almost always require against the best has been non existent at times, he could do with a few games on the bench I reckon.

5 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

I live in London. After the 3-0 game against Bayern all the papers & a lot of online stuff referred to the game as 'a hammering'. Never thought of 3-0 as a hammering, a comfortable victory maybe but a hammering would be more like 5-0. There's definitely a tendancy to be condescending/dismissive about anything to do with Scottish football.

Perhaps it was because it was a 3-0, that could easily have been a 6 or 7 if Bayern hadn't put the tools away at half time. 

The press down south are actually giving Chelsea a deserved hard time about this result. Most are calling it embarrassing, from what I've heard so your point doesn't really hold up. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Perhaps it was because it was a 3-0, that could easily have been a 6 or 7 if Bayern hadn't put the tools away at half time. 

The press down south are actually giving Chelsea a deserved hard time about this result. Most are calling it embarrassing, from what I've heard so your point doesn't really hold up. 

Embarrassing? The Huns going out of business and their fans sitting back and doing nothing to save them is embarrassing not a 3-0 away defeat to a giant of world football.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Embarrassing? The Huns going out of business and their fans sitting back and doing nothing to save them is embarrassing not a 3-0 away defeat to a giant of world football.

Some folk are overly sensitive. 

I was trying to explain why some folk said it was embarrassing. 

If you actually read what I typed I didn't say it was embarrassing. 

Now if you want to put your big boy pants on and stop greetin? 

15 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Frustrating a fuk to play so well then lose a goal like the first but still a few positives to take from the game.

Saturday in Perth will also be a good test for us.

See if we almost get a draw against you? Can I feel proud of my team? Because that’s what I was reading last night from Tim pals on my Facebook. Not you may I add. 

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Some folk are overly sensitive. 

I was trying to explain why some folk said it was embarrassing. 

If you actually read what I typed I didn't say it was embarrassing. 

Now if you want to put your big boy pants on and stop greetin? 

Meanwhile I’ll stick to stating the facts. 👍

Ok, here is a Quesiton.....

Its a long shot i know but bear with me....

Celtic will prob go onto the Europa Cup, if they win this then they will be in Champs League next year, 

As they will also be Scottish Champs, will second place in Scotland get in Champs League Qualifiers? or Runners up in Europa Cup...?

Prob runners up....  but anyone know... could make race for second interesting

55 minutes ago, stocky said:

Ok, here is a Quesiton.....

Its a long shot i know but bear with me....

Celtic will prob go onto the Europa Cup, if they win this then they will be in Champs League next year, 

As they will also be Scottish Champs, will second place in Scotland get in Champs League Qualifiers? or Runners up in Europa Cup...?

Prob runners up....  but anyone know... could make race for second interesting

Don't think so. Sure they just bump up everyone who has qualified for Champs League via co-efficients as they now have a team not taking up the spot for being winners of the Europa League..

30 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Don't think so. Sure they just bump up everyone who has qualified for Champs League via co-efficients as they now have a team not taking up the spot for being winners of the Europa League..

Next in league surely, how else have england got 5 representatives in chumps league

Edited by JasMc1973

5 minutes ago, JasMc1973 said:

Next in league surely, how else have england got 5 representatives in chumps league

Because Man Utd didn’t qualify through their league position.

Only way you’d get 2 in us if Celtic finished 2nd (or worse) which is even less unlikely than them winning the europa league.