New jerseys? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jerseys?

Bzzzz

21 minutes ago, JECK said:

Anyone know what's happening with the adidas contract? Last i read we had renewed until 2018 which isn't that long.

Would guess we will get some news in next month or two with regards to if the SFA will be extending it or if we are moving elsewhere (at the moment nothing has been said on either).

I notice that you can buy next to nothing in terms of the training gear in JD Sports now, and what you can get his heavily discounted (for stuff that was released just over a year ago, this seems very fast).

I would imagine it will come down to what kind of deal JD Sports offer the SFA if that is up for renewal.

Edited by wanderer

The JD deal runs out in 2018, the same as the Adidas contract, so there could be new kit supplier and retail deal (if really needed).

If Adidas don't renew I'd prefer Umbro, but some of Macron's stuff looks OK, such as the new Hibs and the new Scotland rugby kits.

Its funny how a lot of fans are complaining about boring Nike kits (Chelsea and Spurs) when a lot of Scotland fans would prefer a simple design.

http://www.esquire.co.uk/style/news/a16272/why-football-kits-are-about-to-get-exciting-again/

25 minutes ago, JECK said:

I hope we re-sign with adidas. I know they've been bit mixed with some folk but I just don't rate any other sponsor apart from the occasional Umbro top.

I would have liked to see what New Balance could have offered, but their new kit of the Republic of Ireland is very "meh!" (looks like a cheap retro shirt that Copa/Score Draw or something would make that is suppose to look like a iconic club shirt from the 1980's, but looks just like a cheap polo shirt or something), so would have no issue with staying on with Adidas.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

I would have liked to see what New Balance could have offered, but their new kit of the Republic of Ireland is very "meh!" (looks like a cheap retro shirt that Copa/Score Draw or something would make that is suppose to look like a iconic club shirt from the 1980's, but looks just like a cheap polo shirt or something), so would have no issue with staying on with Adidas.

Just had a look at the ROI kit aye not the best. Looks like the Liverpool template from last season. NB have done a cracking couple of away kits for LFC but some shockers as well so would be interesting to see. ROI had some classic adidas tops in the 80s and early 90s that I wish we had so I'm glad we have adidas now and they don't. Re Umbro if you used the hearts template for a home Scotland top you would pretty muchhave a remake of the Italia 90 top which would be quality.

Edited by JECK

13 minutes ago, McDange said:

I like the Adidas kits personally.

New Glasgow Warriors kits are quite smart. Not sure how adaptable into football they could be 

image.jpg 

Look at Motherwell's away kit that was release two months ago and looks at Edinburgh rugby's new home kit that was launched last week...........

7 hours ago, McDange said:

I like the Adidas kits personally.

New Glasgow Warriors kits are quite smart. Not sure how adaptable into football they could be 

image.jpg 

Those kits look painted on. 

I doubt they would be very attractive on an average Scotland football fan :lol:

In the Sun today in a interview with Malky Mackay, it says JD Sports have signed a deal to sponsor the SFA performance schools for the next 3 years, so would imagine that means the JD Sports and Adidas deal has been extended.

Edited by wanderer

5 hours ago, wanderer said:

In the Sun today in a interview with Malky Mackay, it says JD Sports have signed a deal to sponsor the SFA performance schools for the next 3 years, so would imagine that means the JD Sports and Adidas deal has been extended.

What is the set up between adidas and JD sports exactly? This is the same deal NI and wales have is it not? They both seem to have considerably more products available than we do?

42 minutes ago, JECK said:

What is the set up between adidas and JD sports exactly? This is the same deal NI and wales have is it not? They both seem to have considerably more products available than we do?

Apparently JD had an 81% jump in profits last year, and the main reason for this is their exclusivity deals with sportswear firms, especially Adidas and Nike.  That lets them compete with online firms and charge more for gear you won't find anywhere else. 

If the JD SFA  deal is renewed (and it must be a decent earner for JD) I would imagine it will most likely be in conjunction with one of these big two as their appears to be a strong relationship with Adidas and Nike.

Would not mind either of these to be honest, but a bigger range of merchandise would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, JECK said:

I believe it is, and IIRC we signed up for it round about the same time as them (we might have actually been first).

With Wales and NI making Euro 2016, they were always going to get more attention than us.

Maybe with the SFA divering on a new deal, they have probably put us on the back burner over the last year with the new kits and stuff (seemed to be after a very positive start to the deal, this time have just been flogged the "out the brochure" stuff.... granted, I have actually noticed the team using new leisure and training gear over the last two games, which is different from what was on sale), so hopefully a new long term deal means better stuff coming our way.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, JECK said:

Still no news on this, any rumours? Wanderer, any exclusives?

Apparently Wales ditched their unlucky grey away kit to wear a yellow away kit the other night.  Welsh media says this kit will not be commercially available as it was just a generic Adidas training jersey with Welsh FA badges sewn on, and their new kit will not be out until the Spring of next year.   Guessing that as we're both Adidas/JD Sports ours will be the same?  (Out in Spring, not generic training kit) :)

Edited by Jamesie Cotter
accuracy

7 minutes ago, Jamesie Cotter said:

Apparently Wales ditched their unlucky grey away kit to wear a yellow away kit the other night.  Welsh media says this kit will not be commercially available as it was just a generic Adidas training jersey with Welsh FA badges sewn on, and their new kit will not be out until the Spring of next year.   Guessing that as we're both Adidas/JD Sports ours will be the same?  (Out in Spring, not generic training kit) :)

Do you mean just the away kit? Aye March next year I read for all adidas away kits and November 6th for all home kits but I'm not sure if this just for countries that have qualified 

Edited by JECK

14 minutes ago, JECK said:

Do you mean just the away kit? Aye March next year I read for all adidas away kits and November 6th for all home kits but I'm not sure if this just for countries that have qualified 

Cannae just be for teams who have qualified as the play-offs are after that. 

29 minutes ago, JECK said:

Yes, sorry.  The away kit.  Home kit is usually November.  The SFA usually unveil it at an event for Supporters Club members.  Goes on sale very soon after.  At least that's the way its gone the past few years.

Just reading that post above regarding Macron, the new Scotland rugby shirt looks pretty decent with that granddad collar.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

It's a pity the retro range is very poor

Theres numerous away efforts over the years that would go down a treat 

I don't know why the SFA keep missing a trick with retro stuff.  First TOFFS lost the licence and then Score Draw.  The only retro with the official badge is a couple of shirts from JD Sports.

Tottenham are with Nike but still have official retro shirts with Umbro and Admiral branding, so it can't be that difficult to sort out. 

A plain Adidas '67 style long sleeve cotton retro with 3 stripes down the sleeves and a massive Scotland badge would do me fine.