New jerseys? - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jerseys?

Bzzzz

Was surprised to see it on here last night. The leak had bypassed twitter and all the usual places. Someone will be raging right enough. As I said it's the exact same as Belgiums away kit but with dark blue obviously. Would have liked to seen something more daring in terms of design - so much for the split banana arsenal 92 away top eh? This one will look decent tho with dark blue shorts. When are we ever going to re-visit an all red top I wonder re 1980- 82? I'm really not sure how these things work but I'd not be surprised if there is no involvement at the SFA at all - so no "signing" off from the SFA as such. 

21 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Anyway, so when is this supposed to go on sale? 

The Footyheadlines page states that it will go on sale 'in the coming days'.   The Scotland shirt was the only of the new Adidas away shirts that JD listed last night, so I guess someone at JD broke the embargo date and it will probably go on sale next week as the others have already been leaked on Footyheadlines.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks not as bad in the official release photos (no where near as bright yellow as in the JD Sports release).

Interestingly, shorts are blue with white Adidas stripes, so clearly designed with being able to be worn with the home shirt in mind.

Bit of a s*it show from adidas that they've given 6/7 teams identical away kits just with colours different. We must be on a similar level of contract as Belgium which is surprising given their star players and they're at the World Cup.

7 minutes ago, JECK said:

Bit of a s*it show from adidas that they've given 6/7 teams identical away kits just with colours different. We must be on a similar level of contract as Belgium which is surprising given their star players and they're at the World Cup.

I believe its us, Sweden, Belgium and Wales that are getting this template.

I would also imagine that all the small teams who get Adidas kits will get this design also, so expect it to be over killed to the max over the next year (through from what I read recently, UEFA have cut a deal with Macron to supply kits to the likes of San Marino, Armenia, Andorra etc)

Edited by wanderer

6 hours ago, wanderer said:

I believe its us, Sweden, Belgium and Wales that are getting this template.

I would also imagine that all the small teams who get Adidas kits will get this design also, so expect it to be over killed to the max over the next year (through from what I read recently, UEFA have cut a deal with Macron to supply kits to the likes of San Marino, Armenia, Andorra etc)

I don't know whether it about being a smaller team.  Puma have given all their teams a plain white away shirt with only the neck trim differing across the teams.  And that includes Italy.  Personally I like the Adidas kits, but then I like the retro look :)