New jerseys? - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jerseys?

Bzzzz

34 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

Did I miss it or is there a new away top to go with this new home one?

It's a Morton style tartan effort which will be revealed in Macy's at a Tartan Week event before the Eire March friendly in New York 

The first 500 people to renew their SSC will have their names put in a hat and will be with a chance to win one all expenses payed trip to the big Apple for them and a friend*

*Terms and Conditions Apply

Edited by DoonTheSlope

5 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It's a Morton style tartan effort which will be revealed in Macy's at a Tartan Week event before the Eire March friendly in New York 

The first 500 people to renew their SSC will have their names put in a hat and will be with a chance to win one all expenses payed trip to the big Apple for them and a friend*

*Terms and Conditions Apply

It’s being designed on that Sanjeev Kohli outfit he had on last week for Edinburgh’s official Hogmanay tartan.

For what it's worth, the wee thistle is a waste of time and effort. Anyone representing Scotland with their jersey untucked loose enough that it's visible simply shouldn't be representing our nation. Likewise, anyone wearing a kilt with an untucked jersey

Untucked with jeans, fair doo's, but... wearing jeans to a Scotland game? Are yae even Scottish?

On 19/12/2017 at 3:54 PM, Ormond said:

New jersey arrived today from DH in the Orient. It’s the real thing. Nothing fake about it. Only cost me 12 dollars free postage. Sizing is normal too. :ok:

Last one had definite difference in colour with its genuine counterpart from Ali Express. I take it you wouldn’t know the difference this time round?

Compared a fake with the real thing today .  From a distance the £11 fake looks ok but close up its not very good ,the thistle is missing , the dark blue is too light and the black pattern is too heavy .  Could probably get away with it if the  dark blue wasn't wrong . They had the same problem with the last top they tried to copy,  the dark blue isn't dark blue !

14 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Compared a fake with the real thing today .  From a distance the £11 fake looks ok but close up its not very good ,the thistle is missing , the dark blue is too light and the black pattern is too heavy .  Could probably get away with it if the  dark blue wasn't wrong . They had the same problem with the last top they tried to copy,  the dark blue isn't dark blue !

Aye I got one last time round and it was royal blue as opposed to navy.

Did for running and stuff but wouldn’t have worn it to a game.

Ill content myself with the 86 retro by Kazultra I got from Santa till I can afford/justify the new one.

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/12/2017 at 11:15 AM, DaveyDenoon said:

From what I’ve seen on the Facebook page this morning, the lettering is best avoided!

Wee tip if you’ve got names and numbers on.

I’ve run over the kids ones with the iron (using a pillowcase or shirt) as the lettering does start to peel off, particularly after a wash.

:ok:

On 22/12/2017 at 6:46 AM, DoonTheSlope said:

For what it's worth, the wee thistle is a waste of time and effort. Anyone representing Scotland with their jersey untucked loose enough that it's visible simply shouldn't be representing our nation. Likewise, anyone wearing a kilt with an untucked jersey

Untucked with jeans, fair doo's, but... wearing jeans to a Scotland game? Are yae even Scottish?

Add it should only be your own Tartan and I'll go along with most of that