Lions Tour of New Zealand - Page 5 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lions Tour of New Zealand

vanderark14

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40497672

This doesn't qute sum it up for me but good to see some ex players voicing their frustration, I disagree with John Beattie about its "being our own fault". Our previous failure have nothing to do with the current crop of players. 

Interesting article. So in total Scottish players haven't even played a full 80 minutes in the last 4 Lions series!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

Interesting article. So in total Scottish players haven't even played a full 80 minutes in the last 4 Lions series!

until this series it was hard to argue the case for scottish players, lets face it we were shite:lol:. This is not the case nowdays, we are better than the welsh and gaining on the Irish IMO

6 minutes ago, Mitre said:

the comments in that article have got me practicing the Haka for Saturday

the comments have pushed me over the edge :lol:

Maori tattoo booked

All blaks top bought

:P Haka as I type this:P

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Can we think of other sports when fans and media get so excited beating a population which is a twentieth of their own?

Can we think of other sports when fans and media get so excited about drawing with a population which is a twentieth of their own?

Odd finish to the match. Original call of a penalty for offside seemed right (Owens instinctively went for the ball), and then the ref (after consulting with the TMO) said 'We have a deal' and downgraded it to a scrum. Any 'deal' was clearly news to Reid. Didn't think the game was half as good as the hysterical Sky coverage made out, although to be fair I wasn't that bothered which side won.

Edited by Pool Q

8 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Can we think of other sports when fans and media get so excited beating a population which is a twentieth of their own?

Alternatively, can we just stop this obsession with population = quality ....

Otherwise why aren't China world champions at everything ? 

Gatland has now won with the Lions in Aus and shared the spoils in NZ. He will be in demand for sure. However the lack of Scots in the mix took the shine off the tour for me. The Lions is about more then winning at all costs. Hopefully this will be addressed for the next tour and if Scotland continue in their upward trend it can't be ignored. Great outcome though for the Lions.