Lions Tour of New Zealand - Page 4 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lions Tour of New Zealand

vanderark14

Scotland perhaps cost a Test victory by one its better players being unavailable because he's training with an invitational team he's no chance of playing for. Very strange decision by Finn Russell.

Good to see the Lions lose though. I wonder what its future is as there seems no point in them touring South Africa or Australia again given how bad their international and provincial teams are.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurricanes 31-31 Lions

Seymour gets two tries to make him the lions tour leading try scorer. A place for him in the test 23 perhaps? I'll take a a guess at no being the answer

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

No place in the test squad for Seymour or any other jock again

Wyn Jones starts again, Warburton to captain

Mon the All blacks

What did you expect , Gatland has so many of his sheep shaggers in the squad that he has to keep them sweet for when he goes back to the Welsh  job after the Lions tour.

As for Warburton being captain , thats another backward step , he was dominated by the Grey's at Murrayfield , so the All Blacks will have a field day with him.

Looking for a good AB win with a 20 point margin :ok:

22 hours ago, wellyman said:

What did you expect , Gatland has so many of his sheep shaggers in the squad that he has to keep them sweet for when he goes back to the Welsh  job after the Lions tour.

As for Warburton being captain , thats another backward step , he was dominated by the Grey's at Murrayfield , so the All Blacks will have a field day with him.

Looking for a good AB win with a 20 point margin :ok:

also garlands captains pick for last week was so garbage he's been drop

mair of a decision

the wyn Jones and Warburton decisions are mental too

17 minutes ago, Bino's said:

also garlands captains pick for last week was so garbage he's been drop

mair of a decision

the wyn Jones and Warburton decisions are mental too

Gatland is a man under pressure and so is going back to his welsh squad  for answers but they are not good enough  

Im trying hard not to be bitter about lack of Scots and want the Lions to win but f*** me, it's hard. Ive only recently started watching rugby more seriously so I have little emotional investment in the Lions, but Gatland is doing nothing to make me want to support them. Poor squad selection is bad enough, but the rugby is poor to watch as well - brute force, pick and drive, with minimal attempt to play open, expansive rugby.

Seymour not making the squad is disgraceful IMO. If scoring 3 tries doesn't get you at least a squad place, something is wrong. Will get a place in the last test when the tour is effectively lost.

11 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Im trying hard not to be bitter about lack of Scots and want the Lions to win but f*** me, it's hard. Ive only recently started watching rugby more seriously so I have little emotional investment in the Lions, but Gatland is doing nothing to make me want to support them. Poor squad selection is bad enough, but the rugby is poor to watch as well - brute force, pick and drive, with minimal attempt to play open, expansive rugby.

Seymour not making the squad is disgraceful IMO. If scoring 3 tries doesn't get you at least a squad place, something is wrong. Will get a place in the last test when the tour is effectively lost.

I stopped trying to the point where I want the lions to get humped by at least 30 points tomorrow. Some of my friends down here feel the same and they are english, they can't stand Gatland and the way he's gone about this tour. 

Gatland is a kiwi, so how much commitment is he putting in to beat an AB team ? 

Like you guys, i have no support for the Lions without Scots being in the team/squad - if we did not have players that are good enough  then fair enough but we have players and they are being pushed to one side so Gatland can play his welsh.

2 hours ago, wellyman said:

Gatland is a kiwi, so how much commitment is he putting in to beat an AB team ? 

Like you guys, i have no support for the Lions without Scots being in the team/squad - if we did not have players that are good enough  then fair enough but we have players and they are being pushed to one side so Gatland can play his welsh.

during the last lions tour it was hard to argue with anyone when they said no jocks should be in the test team, Scotland have a very different team to back then. We are actually pretty fecking good nowadays.

I would have thought Gatland would love to mastermind a win against the AB, perhaps to put him in the frame to eventually succeed Hansen?^?^

17 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I've never felt british so it is easy for me to want to see them pumped.

Hopefully 20+ points in it tomorrow.

the scotland/ lions rugby team and their tory supporters.

Can understand your  "never felt British"  comment  !!!

But to label all Scotland rugby fans as Tories is way off the mark 

On 30/06/2017 at 2:13 PM, scoobydoo said:

And the Irish Lads?

Have always liked the Lions. Bit miffed that no Scotls in the Squad. Not much I can do about that though. It's the pinnicale for rugby players from the British Isles to represent the Lions.

Glad that two Bath boys were playing in Watson and Falatau.

J

Just goes to show what a superb unit the All Blacks are to almost win that match. Deserved win for the Lions though. Incredible moment of indiscipline from the player for the red and probably cost them the game. Set up nicely for the final test.

On 6/30/2017 at 8:13 AM, scoobydoo said:

Feck the Brits. :ok:

8 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

Still zero Scots in last squad = fukkem.

Good - it means that when the Lions get pumped in the last game , they cannot blame it on Scotland.

All we need now is for Scotland to have a good run in the Autumn tests and finish high up in the 6 nations. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40497672

This doesn't qute sum it up for me but good to see some ex players voicing their frustration, I disagree with John Beattie about its "being our own fault". Our previous failure have nothing to do with the current crop of players.