Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 97 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

May not be illegal but doesn't make it moral.  Interesting that they couldn't get Tory or DUP politicians on to defend the lack of transparency.

It's as shady as fvck

They also played a large part of better together

Thats twice this week The Hootsmon has had positive Scottish Government stories as it's front page headlines

It's threw me a bit

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Was it regarding the unemployment figures?

They led with Scotland leading the world with regards to feminine hygiene earlier in the week and yes the other was the unemployment figures (lowest in 25 years)

Believe they also had a bit (as did most papers) about the Tory bemoaning what brexit will likely mean for farmers

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

They led with Scotland leading the world with regards to feminine hygiene earlier in the week and yes the other was the unemployment figures (lowest in 25 years)

Believe they also had a bit (as did most papers) about the Tory bemoaning what brexit will likely mean for farmers

Did somebody do a study? 

21 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

For snp or independence?

For the SNP,, a few had labour ahead in scotland but there has been three released in the last week with the snp 36% 35% and 33% in the lead..i have always said labour are the key to independence, a strong labour is the most damaging thing possible, while a scotish labour in favour of indy would all but seal the deal

On 13/07/2017 at 11:00 AM, Ally Bongo said:

Thats twice this week The Hootsmon has had positive Scottish Government stories as it's front page headlines

It's threw me a bit

28 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Positive Scotsman story = brilliant 

negative Scotsman story = propaganda 

Where, out of all the posts above, has anyone led you to believe that is how they roll ? 

Crime figures up across england and wales, while down in Scotland,,, Scotland time and again out performs the ruk which you would not think considering the hostility towards the party.. the partys weakness at the moment is education and indy/brexit stance,,, there can be no doubt that the snp run a sound government with limited powers 

13 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Crime figures up across england and wales, while down in Scotland,,, Scotland time and again out performs the ruk which you would not think considering the hostility towards the party.. the partys weakness at the moment is education and indy/brexit stance,,, there can be no doubt that the snp run a sound government with limited powers 

The "hostility towards the party" is largely a media creation to suit their agenda.  I know in your area the likes of fishermen are a bit hostile but that will change quickly once they realise that they will be sold down the river again.

9 minutes ago, Alibi said:

The "hostility towards the party" is largely a media creation to suit their agenda.  I know in your area the likes of fishermen are a bit hostile but that will change quickly once they realise that they will be sold down the river again.

Heres hoping, some very naive and fickle voters out there,,,had a we laugh at the article below 

https://thoughtcontrolscotland.com/2017/07/19/ruth-and-kezia-sob-as-they-hear-scotland-is-ranked-as-the-best-place-in-the-uk-to-start-a-business-will-this-good-news-never-end/

59 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

You'll get there 

Typical snidey means fvck all answer

To be expected

It's your modus operandi

Edited by Ally Bongo

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Not really, the Scotsman is a horrible organisation and should be cleared as such

I realise that which was why i said it threw me

Almost every day of the year they have an anti SNP/Indy headline or spin to match the Daily Mail/Express

It was more to do with why they went against the grain than being right and/or something to laud

Poor sales and at death's door most likely

At times it feels like Scotland is always a few years behind England. Or we are so desperate to be like the rUK, we are always following them one vote behind. 

The Tories did well in the last election yet England went the other way and May lost seats.

No doubt once May is given her painting of a spitfire and there's another election in the next few years. The thought of Corbyn will have driven the hardcore out and it'll be a Tory majority whilst Scotland will vote Labour. 

• 4 weeks later...