• Announcements

• TAMB1

PLEASE READ: TAMB is not closing!   10/12/2017

Just to provide an update on the future of the Tartan Army Message Board. To be clear the board will not be closing and instead will be staying open and will hopefully go from strength to strength. Who Are We? We are a group of Scotland supporters who have varied skills and expertise, along with experience of  being involved in football and running football message boards. When we heard the TAMB faced closure, we contacted the old team with a detailed plan which involved financing and running the board. After speaking to the old team on a number of occasions they have allowed us to put our plan into action. While speaking to them and going on their experience and that of those before them, we have elected to keep our identity private, however rest assured we have the best intentions for the board and those on it. Our Plans. Our plan will involve a number of stages which we hope will not only keep the board going but help improve and rejuvenate it. Our first step will be to do a bit of a clean-up of the board. This will involve some downtime for a few hours where posting will be disabled. We plan to do this early next week, a full notice will be posted on the board then. Once that is completed we will be upgrading the current board platform, both behind the scenes and hopefully aesthetically too. There will be an ongoing process of board improvements which we hope you, the user will help us with, so you have a board you will enjoy We thank the old board team for all their hard work, dedication and their help during this handover and hope you will all help support our plans going forward.

2 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Don't get me wrong Paris, i enjoy reading your posts and respect where you're coming from. But it must be hard being a left-leaning progressive and knowing you voted for Brexit which has enabled the biggest lurch to the right that Britain has seen since, well, ever.

I didn’t vote. Brexit, I even feel dirty using that term is the biggest divide and conquer strategy I think the UK has experienced.

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I'm no the most political savvy person in the world but surely all this labelling everything left wing or right wing is part of the problem?

Can people not have different views from each other without being labelled?

Absolutely no place for any nuance. You’re either right or left. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I didn’t vote. Brexit, I even feel dirty using that term is the biggest divide and conquer strategy I think the UK has experienced.

Ok, but you supported Britain leaving the EU, unless i'm mistaken?

When it comes to humanity,  politics today are either progressive or regressive

Left and Right are boogy men statements

2 hours ago, Dave78 said:

They're all cúntz, but it's yer democratic duty to vote in the less evil cúnt 

Who decides who’s less evil?

Maybe I know more about the EU than your average voter and even now I’ve no idea what’s going on. Who do you believe? Merkel or May? The guardian or the daily mail?

My instinct these days is to assume the politicians are puppets, don’t see any reason to assume it’s any different with Brexit. 

It might be decades before we have any idea what’s really going on. 

4 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Ok, but you supported Britain leaving the EU, unless i'm mistaken?

Instinctively yes as it could lead to decentralised power but I don’t know now, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. 

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

When it comes to humanity,  politics today are either progressive or regressive

Left and Right are boogy men statements

It’s far more complex than that. Obama was a progressive and the fast majority of people think he was great for humanity. 

He was neither.

14 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Instinctively yes as it could lead to decentralised power but I don’t know now, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. 

I hear you. Interesting you mention instinct. I nearly voted for Brexit (because i share all of the same issues i have with the EU as i think you do also), yet i voted remain. It felt instinctively wrong to vote with the Farage's of British politics. That plus i was influenced by Paul Mason when i watched him on Question Time explaining that he would support leaving the EU, but not while the Tories were in charge.

13 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I hear you. Interesting you mention instinct. I nearly voted for Brexit (because i share all of the same issues i have with the EU as i think you do also), yet i voted remain. It felt instinctively wrong to vote with the Farage's of British politics. That plus i was influenced by Paul Mason when i watched him on Question Time explaining that he would support leaving the EU, but not while the Tories were in charge.

Yeah he was one of the few commentators at the time who I could watch and not want to punch myself in the face. 

I see his point about the Tories but would Labour be any better? 

The “left” appear to live in an endless cycle of hoping for the right government who will do the right thing.