Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 99 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

21 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Heard her foghorn voice turned up to 11 arguing (deflecting) over this with Gary Robertson this morning.

It was all the SNP's fault, despite the fact it was the Herald that flagged up the story...

And The Herald of course is certainly not a pro-SNP newspaper by any means.

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

The SNP holds the most seats in Holyrood, the most amount of Scottish council seats, the majority of Scottish seats at Westminster and got the most votes for any Scottish party at Westminster. Now I'm no John Curtice but that does suggest to me that more than a few people agree with them and vote accordingly.

And again, you fail to take into account that strong Unionist tactical voting, the putting up of "paper candidates" by Unionist parties and voters staying at home were major factors for the reversals in June just by, the Brexit fallout was limited to only a few seats in the North East. 

If the SNP had the likes of you and like-minded geniuses such as that empty headed buffoon Jim Fairlie (whose twitter is full of Tories telling him what a great guy he is) and sad, bitter old Jim Sillars (a legend in his own mind) still running things, the party would be what it was in the dark days of the 1980s, a laughing stock and a total irrelevance.

It would probably be for the best if you did vote for another party seeing as how you don't seem to agree with many of the SNP's policies. That's me trying to be constructive here and pointing out the facts for you. 

That avoid talking about Brexit policy really is one monumentally stupid idea and then some.

What about those nasty Europeans eh ? Oppressing our poor fishermen :rolleyes: 

I agree with most SNP policies,, which ones have i stated that i dont? Probably the buisness rate carry on and brexit(although i am more aligned with the SNP's stance than TM's) 

yes i agree there was a strong unionist tactical vote, but how much votes did the snp lose? How do you explain that?,, sometimes on social media or forums a perception of someone is built up which is completely different to the actual person, that seems to be the case with your judgement on myself. Going by my grammar and spelling on here you would not think it but i am a very good talker and debater with a very good nack of getting my point of view across,the snp need young folk like myself in the party who can convince or explain to others the benifits of the snp or an independent Scotland, why would you go out of your way to discourage me from voting snp, i dont get it 

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Heard her foghorn voice turned up to 11 arguing (deflecting) over this with Gary Robertson this morning.

It was all the SNP's fault, despite the fact it was the Herald that flagged up the story...

I read today that her Husband ( Now passed away) was the guy who controlled and moderated the comments page in the Herald amongst other things. 

A Harridan of a wifie  , not fit to be Elected IMO.... 

However Anybody but the SNP.......  

Edited by stocky

On 18/08/2017 at 0:18 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

The SNP holds the most seats in Holyrood, the most amount of Scottish council seats, the majority of Scottish seats at Westminster and got the most votes for any Scottish party at Westminster. Now I'm no John Curtice but that does suggest to me that more than a few people agree with them and vote accordingly.

And again, you fail to take into account that strong Unionist tactical voting, the putting up of "paper candidates" by Unionist parties and voters staying at home were major factors for the reversals in June just by, the Brexit fallout was limited to only a few seats in the North East. 

If the SNP had the likes of you and like-minded geniuses such as that empty headed buffoon Jim Fairlie (whose twitter is full of Tories telling him what a great guy he is) and sad, bitter old Jim Sillars (a legend in his own mind) still running things, the party would be what it was in the dark days of the 1980s, a laughing stock and a total irrelevance.

It would probably be for the best if you did vote for another party seeing as how you don't seem to agree with many of the SNP's policies. That's me trying to be constructive here and pointing out the facts for you. 

That avoid talking about Brexit policy really is one monumentally stupid idea and then some.

What about those nasty Europeans eh ? Oppressing our poor fishermen :rolleyes: 

I think you are being unfairly harsh on Hampdenloon. He lives in an area where one particular industry employs most folk living in his area, its not surprising he sees things differently to folk living in , for example, the central belt.  

This doesn't mean he is wrong. I dont agree with him on his SNP EU position but I can understand why he feels the way he does. And I admire his continued  strong support for the SNP given the political situation up there. He just doesnt allow himself to be blinkered and think everything in the garden is rosy. 

I think you make a lot of good points, you too are passionate about your party.  However  I would  prefer that members can raise concerns about what is happening in their area without being shot down in flames. 

Afterall we are all focusing on the same goal.   

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41660040

the people of Moray must be so glad they voted for this chump

If you live in a Scottish constituency and elect a Unionist MP you can expect absolutely fvck all in return 

Sure - they might take on a couple of personal cases but in the main shit all will be done.

Look at the state of Hamilton which has been turned into a ghost town after years of control by Labour (MP and South Lanarkshire Labour council) 

Now that Labour have been fvcked out of controlling the council the plans of the SNP MP and MSP can get off the ground   

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41660040

the people of Moray must be so glad they voted for this chump

He'd done it before as an MSP too, so they knew what they were voting for and can have no complaints. 

On 18/10/2017 at 3:00 PM, Orraloon said:

Except that during the election campaign he promised to give priority to his MP job if he got elected. 

He's a Tory who made a promise during an election campaign, so they knew what they were voting for and can have no complaints.

I've been away for a few days and heard May again today on the radio and had forgotten just how terrible an actor she is.

The ebb and flow of her voice/PR training sounds so odd and overly-fake.

I missed the Tory conference ; but just seen her speech with the font behind her falling off and her spluttering up, she's like the English Hilary Clinton - a walking disaster.

27 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

There’s hypocrisy on all sides 

Still waiting on you letting us into your insight of the SNP hypocrisy instead of throwaway lines ....

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

You’re more than capable of using the search function. 

Without looking i can guarantee there are numerous one liners and throwaway jibes with fvck all substance

No thanks

11 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

There’s hypocrisy on all sides 

Don't get me wrong Paris, i enjoy reading your posts and respect where you're coming from. But it must be hard being a left-leaning progressive and knowing you voted for Brexit which has enabled the biggest lurch to the right that Britain has seen since, well, ever.

9 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Don't get me wrong Paris, i enjoy reading your posts and respect where you're coming from. But it must be hard being a left-leaning progressive and knowing you voted for Brexit which has enabled the biggest lurch to the right that Britain has seen since, well, ever.

I'm no the most political savvy person in the world but surely all this labelling everything left wing or right wing is part of the problem?

Can people not have different views from each other without being labelled?

5 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I'm no the most political savvy person in the world but surely all this labelling everything left wing or right wing is part of the problem?

Can people not have different views from each other without being labelled?

Interesting question. Labeling can be lazy, i agree. They tend to work though, on the whole. Maybe we just need better definitions of the groups people fall into (i.e. more labels! :lol:)

1 minute ago, Dave78 said:

Interesting question. Labeling can be lazy, i agree. They tend to work though, on the whole. Maybe we just need better definitions of the groups people fall into (i.e. more labels! :lol:)

I'd personally refer to them as the crowd that believe those lying cüntz and that other crowd that believe those other lying cüntz

6 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I'd personally refer to them as the crowd that believe those lying cüntz and that other crowd that believe those other lying cüntz

They're all cúntz, but it's yer democratic duty to vote in the less evil cúnt