Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 86 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

^ Ruth is clearly trying to steal the soft brexit card from the SNP.

However this policy is only coming out days *after* the election.
- I suspect she knows a % of her recent Scottish vote comes from brit nats who themselves voted for Brexit ?

She needs to be called out early on this.
Otherwise Ruth will be claiming the credit for getting a good deal for Scotland.
Total sham.

29 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

^ Ruth is clearly trying to steal the soft brexit card from the SNP.

However this policy is only coming out days *after* the election.
- I suspect she knows a % of her recent Scottish vote comes from brit nats who themselves voted for Brexit ?

She needs to be called out early on this.
Otherwise Ruth will be claiming the credit for getting a good deal for Scotland.
Total sham.

Ruth the mooth will burn in the northeast with this strategy as sturgeon has done previously, difference is the population is naturally nationalist so she will lose shit loads of votes, if a election was held tomorrow the snp would regaon gourdon, banff and buchan and moray i have 100% faith in that

^ Tories will trade off the fishing rights and do that for us ;-)

A serious danger is that Ruths 13 will be portrayed as having more influence than the entire SNP bloc.
In reality it is a sham.  This tactic is an attack and attempt to undermine the Scottish government.

Watch then like a hawk.

my concern is that the 13 tory MP's has now sanitised voting for them - folk next time around might think it's ok 

what surprised me this time around, is that many of their scottish MP's are young guys, not like the fat oaf's you used to get

fishermen, and farmers deserve all they get - turkeys voting for xmas

Wings put up stats which show that in 7 Scottish seats 53,000 Lib Dem votes went straight over to the Tories

Will Willie Rennie be quizzed on why ?

Tactical voting or Lib Dem Brexit policy ?

3 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

fishermen, and farmers deserve all they get - turkeys voting for xmas

I'm sure that the fishermen will be delighted that within 72 hours of voting for a hard brexit Rooth the Mooth is shouting for a soft one where it's almost certain fishing rights will be a negotiating card 

The farmers are a strange bunch with the amount of EU subsidies they get

7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'm sure that the fishermen will be delighted that within 72 hours of voting for a hard brexit Rooth the Mooth is shouting for a soft one where it's almost certain fishing rights will be a negotiating card 

I'm from farming background - i think they are just plain stupid - not so much about the subsidies but the fact policies are London centric and will never support them - i think subsidies are 50% maybe even 33% of what they used to be - although i would argue the aubsidies are supporting the consumer not the farmer - cost of production and all that - father never paid tax in 20 years 

Guest flumax
10 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

So : How does Ruth Davidson seem to have more opportunity to influence Brexit (and a meeting with the cabinet) than the entire democratically elected Scottish government….

Reminder – She is the leader of the opposition in Scotland.
Brexit is not even a devolved issue! Yet she is on the privy council – despite being nothing more than a humble MSP.

Evidence just how rank rotten the UK has become.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-40249433

No leader of opposition in holyrood. But technicalities 

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The farmers will have had a whisper in the ear saying they would be protected, they have influential members within the torys,, the fishermen on the other hand are fu#ked 

14 hours ago, exile said:

If I'm not mistaken Andrew Marr declared that Ruth Davidson (or the Tories?) had won the election in Scotland. And now today, Brian Taylor on Reporting Scotland just said that Ruth Davidson (or the Tories?) won the election in Scotland. What is going on? 1984? Defeat is victory?

We truly are in the realms of doublespeak. That's 3 elections in a row where the team in 2nd place have been declared the winners. This time round they have managed to do it twice in one election. In the UK the Tories have 56 (fifty six) seats more than Labour and yet it is being portrayed that May lost the election. In Scotland the SNP got more seats than all the other parties put together and yet they are deemed to have lost. It's mental. And so many folk seem to be happy to go along with it. 

I think it is all part of a big training exercise to manipulate folks brains into a state where they will believe anything they are told. Seems to be working. The ones who don't go along with it will be eaten alive by rats.

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

4 nominations for SNP leader : Drew Hendry, Iain Blackford, Tommy Sheppard, and Joanna Cherry.

Got to be Sheppard. I think Joanna Cherry is great but Tommy's got the personality and the drive to keep people engaged and interested in what he's talking about.

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

4 nominations for SNP leader : Drew Hendry, Iain Blackford, Tommy Sheppard, and Joanna Cherry.

Disappointed Gethins hasn't thrown his hat in, but I think he's just had a baby, so maybe that explains it.

Sheppard for me.

Joanna Banana for me

One of the suggestions doing the rounds is that Sinn Fein could take their seats in the knowledge that nobody who respects democracy would hold them to it

Still think it's guff though

13 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Agreed. Having a Northern Irish republican in charge of the SNP will really rub the DUP's noses in it :-))

Sadly for the mentality of the electorate we have thats the last thing the SNP need

The SNP need to have a few MPs/MSPs that are Rangers fans

There are far too many Celtic orientated high profile members - Humza Yousaf, Angus McNeil, James Dornan etc

It's no use Salmond being a Jambo or Sturgeon supporting Ayr United - it still gives the braindead mob office to call them FBs

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The SNP really are wading through treacherous waters just now,,corbyn to me is the main threat, we need sturgeon to step up to the plate,, we need to be careful and start rebuilding for GE that could br just around the corner 

The bonkers one for me and it is gatehring pace, and I really do want it, is a soft cross party Brexit will remove the "Material change".

If I were the Tories, I'd welcome the soft Brexit. It would secure the Union (both ireland and Scotland) for the short term.

Brexit wouldn't be the cluster that it would be with a Hard Brexit. They can spread the narrative that we listened to the SNP and our Scottish MPs.

However, will May survive. Will the Bams in the right of her party (John Redwood, et al) wrestle control, or at least influence the party. 

My take is they won't, they fear more from being out of power with a reconciliatory Labour in England, than going after Hard Brexit. Keir Stalmer frightens them. My take is genuinely the people want a Soft Norway/Switzerland Brexit (like they were sold in 2015) that's certainly what 48% of the population would be up for, and what I'm sure a chunk of the 52% voted for.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

25 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Sadly for the mentality of the electorate we have thats the last thing the SNP need

The SNP need to have a few MPs/MSPs that are Rangers fans

There are far too many Celtic orientated high profile members - Humza Yousaf, Angus McNeil, James Dornan etc

It's no use Salmond being a Jambo or Sturgeon supporting Ayr United - it still gives the braindead mob office to call them FBs

What a pile of p1sh