Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 48 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

More to the point, Kezia Dugdale and Willie Rennie have both received a higher rating than NS ...?

Why is Willie Rennie still a thing ?

Why has nobody outed him ?

I keep waiting on someone thats interviewing him to ask " What are you offering" Why are you such a fvcking moron" ? 

In any other walk of life, any other country, any other continent he would have been shown the door

But not here

Quick - lets get another banal photo shoot with Willie

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I'm prepared to bet that whatever predictor you've used is hardcoded to always show Orkney and Shetland as a Lib Dem seat.   

The sad bit to that is if the torys had any intention of putting up a fight in shetland they would have taken so much votes from the lib dems,,, lots of fishermen who hate europe,, they will more than likely vote lib dems,,, giving the snp an up hill struggle 

Guest flumax
1 hour ago, aaid said:

I'm prepared to bet that whatever predictor you've used is hardcoded to always show Orkney and Shetland as a Lib Dem seat.   

That's three different predictors. Www.Scotlandvotes.com http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/userpoll.html and http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/swingometer/2015

Give them a bash if you can work out coding in the background. 

54 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The sad bit to that is if the torys had any intention of putting up a fight in shetland they would have taken so much votes from the lib dems,,, lots of fishermen who hate europe,, they will more than likely vote lib dems,,, giving the snp an up hill struggle 

In 2015, there were only 800 votes between the SNP and Lib Dems.  I wonder how Carmichael's personal vote is holding up in the light of him being a self-confessed liar.  I have a feeling that the Island communities are places where your word and trustworthiness are held to be very important, more important than on the mainland.  Very strong SNP candidate in place as well.

26 minutes ago, aaid said:

In 2015, there were only 800 votes between the SNP and Lib Dems.  I wonder how Carmichael's personal vote is holding up in the light of him being a self-confessed liar.  I have a feeling that the Island communities are places where your word and trustworthiness are held to be very important, more important than on the mainland.  Very strong SNP candidate in place as well.

I agree but i think many will just vote fir him on a constitutional basis,, with the large amount of RUK residents on the islands, especially orkney i can not see them shifting,, the locals from what i can gather mostly voted SNP ladt election but i could see them moving away from the snp if i am honest

I think Miriam will gub him and i'll be putting my money where my mouth is at tasty odds

She is more than a strong candidate

27 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I agree but i think many will just vote fir him on a constitutional basis,, with the large amount of RUK residents on the islands, especially orkney i can not see them shifting,, the locals from what i can gather mostly voted SNP ladt election but i could see them moving away from the snp if i am honest

All we get from you is still "We're doomed" - wish you would just fook off with your fishing pish as well.

This fishing one is odd. How many active people work in the Industry ? Do they really think that all the lost jobs will come back to Scotland (England will doubtless manage to pilfer any that do return - if any do).

Textiles used to be a very large employer but that industry never gets / or got the headlines than the fishermen get - coz they are all Unionist I guess??

28 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

This fishing one is odd. How many active people work in the Industry ? Do they really think that all the lost jobs will come back to Scotland (England will doubtless manage to pilfer any that do return - if any do).

Textiles used to be a very large employer but that industry never gets / or got the headlines than the fishermen get - coz they are all Unionist I guess??

More likely as they were all nationalist of which salmond was elected on the back of with a stance of taking us out the CFP,,, the industry employes a lot more than you would think and has the potential to be a lot lot bigger 

2 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

This fishing one is odd. How many active people work in the Industry ? Do they really think that all the lost jobs will come back to Scotland (England will doubtless manage to pilfer any that do return - if any do)

They are kidding themselves on big time if they think that locals will fill all the jobs in the low paid fish cannery industry once the Eastern Europeans are forced to leave by Brexit.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

They are kidding themselves on big time if they think that locals will fill all the jobs in the low paid fish cannery industry once the Eastern Europeans are forced to leave by Brexit.

Or indeed if Westminster will not sell off Scottish fishing rights for concessions for the City of London.

J

20 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Or indeed if Westminster will not sell off Scottish fishing rights for concessions for the City of London.

J

Hell slap it into them if the fishermen boot Robertson out in the false hope that the Tories protect them during the Brexit talks. 

I'll personally get the popcorn out and laugh at John Buchan's puss when he realises he and his ilk have been sold down the river, as expected.

Guest flumax
32 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Oooft!

DBLzJZSXUAAZoep?format=jpg

So it's either 3% or 10% on today's polls. I've Just no idea what to be more incline to believe 

The caveat that the bottom of that Yougov poll graphic is significant i think. There was an interesting discussion at the end of Newsnight tonight about the disparity between the polling companies. Apparently Yougov are weighting on 80% of the under 24's voting. Ipso-Mori are expecting only 40% of them to vote.

This is the biggest reason for the disparity. Going on historical demographic voting patterns, i know which poll i trust more.

Yougov are at it.**

** I really hope i'm wrong on that.

I think Angus Robertson, from what I saw, did fine in the context. One of the things he had to do was focus on the Westminster issues, and appear measured and reasonable so that people in the rest of the UK wouldn't be frightened of progressive alliance.

16 hours ago, irnbruman said:

You're like a broken record.

IF i were the snp, once this election is over i would nationalise the quota system,, fuc# the skippers who hold quota it was given out for free,, the fishermen would then lease the fish off the government and offset it against landing prices,, it needs done the only reason its not been done as yet is because of the uproar it would cause,, they SG gave nothing to lose their votes are already lost

7 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

IF i were the snp, once this election is over i would nationalise the quota system,, fuc# the skippers who hold quota it was given out for free,, the fishermen would then lease the fish off the government and offset it against landing prices,, it needs done the only reason its not been done as yet is because of the uproar it would cause,, they SG gave nothing to lose their votes are already lost

Is the fishing industry really so anti snp as you suggest?   surely they don't think the tories give a rats about them?  The Tories weren't pro Brexit either officially.