Tamb - Make the Tamb Great Again - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - Make the Tamb Great Again

9 hours ago, brant grebner said:

Make the TAMB great again by stealing not buying my new LP

I went to listen to "The Reindeer Anthem" as I mind listening to it when you linked it ages ago, well it feels like years this will be where i find out it was made last week, and then it only let me listen to 30 seconds.

25 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Scotty should be along anytime soon to answer that wan 

I believe he is. I was sitting on 666 posts on Easter Friday and feeling deciding nervous . Cammys appearance gave me the opportunity to move on 2 posts.  

Here's my attempt to cheer the place up. 

A duck walks into a pub and orders a pint of beer and a ham sandwich.

The barman looks at him and says,

"Hang on! You're a duck."

"I see your eyes are working," replies the duck.

"And you can talk!" Exclaims the barman.

"I see your ears are working, too," Says the duck. 

"Now if you don't mind, can I have my beer and my sandwich please?"

"Certainly, sorry about that," 
 Says the barman as he pulls the duck's pint.

"It's just we don't get many ducks in this pub.

What are you doing round this way?"

"I'm working on the building site across the road," 
 Explains the duck. 

"I'm a plasterer."

The flabbergasted barman cannot believe the duck and wants 
 to learn more, but takes the hint when the duck pulls out a newspaper from his bag and proceeds to read it.
 So, the duck reads his paper, drinks his beer, eats his sandwich, bids the barman good day and leaves.

The same thing happens for two weeks...

Then one day the circus comes to town.

The ringmaster comes into the pub for a pint and the barman says to him
 "You're with the circus, aren't you? 

Well, I know this duck that could be just brilliant in your circus. He talks, drinks beer, eats sandwiches, reads the newspaper and everything!"

"Sounds marvelous,"
 says the ringmaster, handing over his business card. 

"Get him to give me a call."

So the next day when the duck comes into the pub the barman says, 

"Hey Mr. Duck, I reckon I can line you up with a top job, paying really good money."

"I'm always looking for the next job," 
 Says the duck.

"Where is it?"

"At the circus," 
 Says the barman.

"The circus?" 
 Repeats the duck.

"That's right," 
 Replies the barman.

"The circus?" 
 The duck asks again.
 with the big tent?" 

"Yeah," the barman replies.

"With all the animals who live in cages, and performers who 
 live in caravans?" says the duck.

Of course," the barman replies.

"And the tent has canvas sides and a big canvas roof with a hole in the middle?" persists the duck.

"That's right!" says the barman.

The duck shakes in amazement and says...........

"What the f**** would they want with a plasterer??!"

On 14/04/2017 at 10:11 AM, phart said:

I went to listen to "The Reindeer Anthem" as I mind listening to it when you linked it ages ago, well it feels like years this will be where i find out it was made last week, and then it only let me listen to 30 seconds.

I didnae realise that.

It's the insidious nature of Facebook.

Of all the social networking sites ever made, Facebook is by far the worst. The whole greetin' faced "why is the Tamb not just like the Tamb in 2006?" decline thread can be put down to Facebook.

In order to have even a free Spotify, you have to have to link it to your Facebook account.

I've got a throwaway Facebook account under an African name that I use for Spotify cos I've sold all my vinyl and CDs.

I'd say buy it on iTunes or Amazon or TIdal, but they're just as bad.

Torrent it and I'll do a Bandcamp only release on the next one.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, methilstevie said:

Although once quite a big part of my sad wee life, I've been pretty much absent from the TAMB for about 9 years.

Where does the time go eh??

Heartened to see the EXACT SAME PEOPLE posting on here :lol:

Plus ca change

:ok::P

8 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

I'd never heard of Methil when I came on the board and assumed for a while that your username was a misspelt reference to your favourite drink; still can't get the image out of my head, in fact ...

You've never lived Donny. Methil - home of East Fife - my second favourite team since I was 7, and before the power station went, branded the ugliest football ground in Britain. I was disappointed yesterday. I was hoping for a Hudds-Fife playoff double.

Methil_power_station.jpg

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Until last season, weren't east fife were the only non-top division playing team to win the scottish cup.?

At various points in their history, Queen's Park, Dumbarton, Morton, Falkirk, Dunfermline and Clyde have won the Scottish Cup.

You might or might not add Airdrieonians and Rangers to that list depending on how you interpret their recent history. 

Not to mention 3rd Lanark Rifles, Renton and Vale of Leven. I've aye wondered what it was about the waters of The Leven that generated half the top teams ....pre-League.   (Bob Crampsey please come back!)

Mibbe the rest of us were still playing quoits.   Hopefully not ringtoss though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ringtoss-quoit-game-ca1815.jpg

10 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Until last season, weren't east fife were the only non-top division playing team to win the scottish cup.?

You are correct, E*st Fife and Hibs are the only two lower league teams to ever win the Scottish Cup.

The mighty Raith Rovers are the only lower league team to win the League Cup.

5 hours ago, Jonathan said:

You are correct, E*st Fife and Hibs are the only two lower league teams to ever win the Scottish Cup.

Sorry, but the Methil Magyars were nearly 60 years ahead of you when winning that trophy in season 47/48.  Also the first team to win the League Cup 3 times and are therefore Fife's Finest as far as major trophies go.

On 5/1/2017 at 9:12 AM, Jonathan said:

Aye, that's what I meant, playing in the lower league when they won the Scottish Cup.