Airport Lounges? - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Airport Lounges?

macy37

Worth the coin? Flying from terminal 3 Manchester in June at lunchtime with group of lads so thinking the £22.50 might be worth it for the food alone however is it crap food and crap beer which is available or is it worth it?

5 of us did the Escape Lounge at T3 Manchester October 2015 on our trip to Faro. 

Food was actually quite good and plenty of it.

Soup, pies, sausage rolls, sandwiches, salads, biscuits, cakes etc.

Tea coffee.

Self service to bottled beers, soft drinks.

Basic spirits free anything else at a premium!

8 minutes ago, macwomble said:

5 of us did the Escape Lounge at T3 Manchester October 2015 on our trip to Faro. 

Tea coffee.

What brand were the beers? For that price is appears a decent gamble.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Worth the coin? Flying from terminal 3 Manchester in June at lunchtime with group of lads so thinking the £22.50 might be worth it for the food alone however is it crap food and crap beer which is available or is it worth it?

I get in for free at plenty of lounges, and wouldn't bother paying the money 

I guess if you are going to be in there 2-3 hours, you get more value, but some of them wont let you enter any earlier than 3 hours

I find food in general not that great, and stuff my face with crisps, and scoff on Gin & Tonics

My bank card in South Africa lets me use lounge 8 times a year, so will be chowing down on that - pity i was stupid last year, and only thought it covered domestic terminal.

Anyone in Oil Industry - flying KLM - make sure you get Petroleum Card, and can use KLM Lounge in Amsterdam - handy for early entry onto plane in busy places

https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/flying_blue/flying_blue_for_business/flying_blue_petroleum/index.htm   

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Typically anywhere i have been - its all branded - only time seen shyte i think was Luanda & Congo

I am sure there model is that folk use regular, and don't go to excess, so cant imagine they are offended on the odd blowout

Aberdeen servisair get pissed off though, if you try and remove their newspapers  

19 hours ago, macwomble said:

Tea coffee.

We did it in Leeds for Faro too, think I had about 4 bacon rolls and 10 bottles of beer haha. I needed it after the Poland game the night before......

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, euan2020 said:

I get in for free at plenty of lounges, and wouldn't bother paying the money 

I guess if you are going to be in there 2-3 hours, you get more value, but some of them wont let you enter any earlier than 3 hours

I find food in general not that great, and stuff my face with crisps, and scoff on Gin & Tonics

My bank card in South Africa lets me use lounge 8 times a year, so will be chowing down on that - pity i was stupid last year, and only thought it covered domestic terminal.

Anyone in Oil Industry - flying KLM - make sure you get Petroleum Card, and can use KLM Lounge in Amsterdam - handy for early entry onto plane in busy places

https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/flying_blue/flying_blue_for_business/flying_blue_petroleum/index.htm   

Only for people in transit now, unfortunately for us guys working in the Dutch sector we now have to pay 45 euros. petroleum card is still useful for priority boarding tho.

14 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Only for people in transit now, unfortunately for us guys working in the Dutch sector we now have to pay 45 euros. petroleum card is still useful for priority boarding tho.

yes - thats the best thing about it - I never use it on Aberdeen leg, cos folk think you look a #####

But long haul - I don't want to be waiting behind all the families with their luggage messing around, or especialyl african flights where the yhave packed half the house.  

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, euan2020 said:

yes - thats the best thing about it - I never use it on Aberdeen leg, cos folk think you look a #####

But long haul - I don't want to be waiting behind all the families with their luggage messing around, or especialyl african flights where the yhave packed half the house.  

Aye, I only use it whilst standing among the business types at check in looking down their noses at the guy with a shit bag getting kicked across the floor. Always like to be last on as I never have hand luggage.

Anyone thinking of booking into a No1 Lounge, see deal from Moneysavingexpert deal

Deal is £20/pp and includes Fast Track through security - must buy by the 20th of April and use by end of August - full details in the link

Link here

9 hours ago, DeeRus said:

Anyone thinking of booking into a No1 Lounge, see deal from Moneysavingexpert deal

Deal is £20/pp and includes Fast Track through security - must buy by the 20th of April and use by end of August - full details in the link

Link here

The No.1 in Gatwick (South) is pretty decent.

But if you're flying middle of the afternoon at the same time as the 1,000 flights to Palma the standard of clientele is disappointing.