Tamb - where did it all go wrong? - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - where did it all go wrong?

58 minutes ago, neil r said:

Right you are champ.

You can be the winner and have the last word.

That of course means I need to reply.....

Neil, you are anti SNP and that means you are more sensitive to most things pro SNP, in the same way SNP folk are more sensitive to anytning pro union. This is a tartan army message board so there is a fair chance there are more pro independance and naturally more Snp folk. It does however not make them 'zealots' . I could very well be wrong as I do not read everything in this board,  but nor do i see them hijacking every thread.. But you are entitled to your opinion as everyone is. All I did was question your use of the word 'zealots' as I felt it was a bit extreme way to describe the majority of SNP supporters who post.  Whilst i support independance  I personally have more important things in my life than politics. 

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

That of course means I need to reply.....

Neil, you are anti SNP and that means you are more sensitive to most things pro SNP, 

You really honestly have no idea how big a crock of shit you have just typed.

Just because I cannae be arsed with the SNP fanboys in here I'm anti.

You prove the point I originally made.

Your the winner

4 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

I don't think the referendum that people have mentioned as a reason has changed much. The board lost a lot of users well before that.

The board was always very pro SNP and around elections times such as in 2007 it was heavily discussed with a huge pro SNP slant.

And the percentage of unionists on here is tiny. How many unionist users left due to the referendum? I probably used the board more during the referendum as it as always good to get up to date info and there was alwyas a chat on any main issue or event. Someone used to give a good heads up of polls etc which I often found out about first via here.

What about the cull orchestrated by our imperial masters during the referendum campaign?

5 minutes ago, neil r said:

You really honestly have no idea how big a crock of shit you have just typed.

Just because I cannae be arsed with the SNP fanboys in here I'm anti.

You prove the point I originally made.

Your the winner

I can only go by what I read Neil . If I am wrong and the reason you are critical of posters is not because  you are not anti SNP  then I apologise.  I dont think I am alone in typing a crock of shit on this board, its just that some are more aware than others.   

In the 14 years i have been here i think the tone of the board has in a way reflected the general population as political awareness increased.

Although i had voted SNP in every election since i became of age when i first started posting on here i still had a large part of the cringe within me.

If there has been any board downfall id suggest it's more to do with the diabolical state of Scottish Football and the pattern fans of the national team have always taken as they get older, less interested and more cynical

8 hours ago, tartandon said:

What about the cull orchestrated by our imperial masters during the referendum campaign?

By far and away the funniest, most inspired part of the whole referendum campaign. I still cry with laughter every time I see that.... :lol:

Don't put too much emphasis on the importance of a forum and it won't bother you as much.

It's a good board in that there's no other like it, that I'm aware of at least, in terms of chatting about the national side. Somebody else mentioned Pie and Bovril but that's a bit slow moving compared to here I think.

It's also good (most of the time) to speak club football with fans of other teams which you obviously don't get on club forums. I read about half a dozen forums from different teams but there's not usually a great deal of debate on it as the majority will see things the same way, with the exception of AFC chat when the northerners abuse the "weegies".

Travel routes to away day destinations are the best part of it though.

1 hour ago, iainmac1 said:

So to summarise, it is the fault of The SNP that this board is shit.

Does The Scotsman know? Sounds like thier kind of story.

Don't think anyone said that... 

It's true that any critical voices of SNP or their policies, or pro another party, have to contend with 3 or 4 different posters having a go at them. I'm sure the Jeremy Corbyn thread will provide you with loads of examples of this if you want to go back.

There's very reasonable Pro-SNP posters who'll have a proper debate but there is also a few, very vocal, pro-SNP posters who seem incapable of any reasoned debate. In the main, i've stopped engaging with the latter, as it's just too much to try and reason with someone who's completely unreasonable and unthinking. 

i think the board has always been more pro-snp than against.  Don't think that's really much in doubt.

I think what's changed is the nature of the topics covered.  Used to be a range of things talked about , not always serious!!!

Trump, indy, yemen.  All interesting but hardly laugh out loud stuff.  And by zealotry i think neilr means everything can be brought back to these topics... as this thread has...which becomes a bit boring.

58 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Don't put too much emphasis on the importance of a forum and it won't bother you as much.

It's a good board in that there's no other like it, that I'm aware of at least, in terms of chatting about the national side. Somebody else mentioned Pie and Bovril but that's a bit slow moving compared to here I think.

It's also good (most of the time) to speak club football with fans of other teams which you obviously don't get on club forums. I read about half a dozen forums from different teams but there's not usually a great deal of debate on it as the majority will see things the same way, with the exception of AFC chat when the northerners abuse the "weegies".

Travel routes to away day destinations are the best part of it though.

quite right too:lol::lol:

28 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

i think the board has always been more pro-snp than against.  Don't think that's really much in doubt.

I think what's changed is the nature of the topics covered.  Used to be a range of things talked about , not always serious!!!

Trump, indy, yemen.  All interesting but hardly laugh out loud stuff.  And by zealotry i think neilr means everything can be brought back to these topics... as this thread has...which becomes a bit boring.

it was brought back to that by Neil R complaining about SNP zealots, nut huggers?? etc.   On the OP, this board has gone downhill rapidly in the last couple of years. For me the referendum killed the passion I had for Scotland so I can't really be bothered with this forum much. Still like to have a wee dig at sevco for fun but my heart's not in it 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Don't think anyone said that... 

It's true that any critical voices of SNP or their policies, or pro another party, have to contend with 3 or 4 different posters having a go at them. I'm sure the Jeremy Corbyn thread will provide you with loads of examples of this if you want to go back.

There's very reasonable Pro-SNP posters who'll have a proper debate but there is also a few, very vocal, pro-SNP posters who seem incapable of any reasoned debate. In the main, i've stopped engaging with the latter, as it's just too much to try and reason with someone who's completely unreasonable and unthinking. 

I would agree with much of this. I just dont agree a few posters are the reason the board is in decline nor do they hijack every thread. Not your words of course. 

FWIW I admire Jeremy Corbyn. He doesnt deserve the party he has inherited. 

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

FWIW I admire Jeremy Corbyn. He doesnt deserve the party he has inherited. 

It's both funny and saddening watching the same folk who were bleating about media bias during the referendum, swallow every line the media put out about Corbyn. 

1 hour ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Could definitely do with more of the humour. The occasional line from Brant cheers me up when I am greetin ?

46 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Could definitely do with more of the humour. The occasional line from Brant cheers me up when I am greetin ?

Wittiest poster on the board by far is Brant. He disnae post enough.

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Wittiest poster on the board by far is Brant. He disnae post enough.

Maybe we could do a bit of crowdfunding to encourage him and any other would be comedians out there. I have 10p lying at the bottom of my handbag I could be persuaded to part with.