Tamb - where did it all go wrong? - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - where did it all go wrong?

On 8/17/2017 at 3:37 AM, Lamia said:

Ohhhh - you're here! :o Glad to see you haven't disappeared off the face of the planet.'

'Plane', and not 'planet'.

I believe in the ...erm... flat earth, now.

On 8/17/2017 at 3:37 AM, Lamia said:

:) Hope things are better with you than they seem to be the last time I saw you post

Yes, thank you.

Things have finally appeared to have 'levelled-off'.

• 2 weeks later...

As you say, sad times Parkie, met some good people through here over the years, it's been a great resource for travel info as well as getting rid of & acquiring tickets.

It's a pity that a lot of the people who were regulars left & with the way the facebook groups go & block for no reason etc it's going to be difficult to get the same kind of resource

Edited by Glasgowmancity

I doubt we will see message boards like Rangersmedia closing down anytime soon... I'd be surprised if sites like Jamboskickback closed either.

It just seems very sad that the national team message board cannot sustain itself with ease. There should be the interest given how strong the support are. Grim. Seem like a very bad sign...

Sad day indeed. There's no denying that it's well past its peak but it remains the only message board I look at with any regularity, and I've no intention of signing up to Facebook or any other form of social media, so I'll be sorry to see it die.

The remaining weeks could be interesting / an extended car crash - a bit like the chaos you'd get if it was announced that the Earth was going to be imminently destroyed, though hopefully without all the rapes ...

I reckon I've met a grand total of one poster on here in the flesh, but feel I've come to know a whole host of others to some extent, quite a few of whom I would've liked to have a beer with. Cheers.

1 minute ago, Brummie Hibs said:

30x £10 per monthly direct debits would keep the place alive. But would anybody pay that now that TAMB has been allowed to decline so badly? 

Probably yes, but administrating that would be a nightmare - also technicalities with banning people that have paid etc.....

22 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Probably yes, but administrating that would be a nightmare - also technicalities with banning people that have paid etc.....

Those could be overcome with a bit of thought. 

I'd pay £50 a month to be a moderator on here, but that would probably mean there would be nobody left after a few weeks. 

On a more serious note, I think the Sunshine Appeal might suffer because of TAMB's closure. 

4 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Those could be overcome with a bit of thought. 

I'd pay £50 a month to be a moderator on here, but that would probably mean there would be nobody left after a few weeks. 

On a more serious note, I think the Sunshine Appeal might suffer because of TAMB's closure. 

Yeah, that is a fair point actually about TASA, but hopefully not :ok: