Brexit - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Brexit

Flure

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

I do know that some of our key players are Scottish. Gordon, Tierney, Brown, Armstrong and Forrest are some of the first names on the teamsheet. McGregor has played 36 times this season. Griffiths is only kept out by a much better than expected Dembele. 

There aren't too many Scottish players that would improve our team. I've no idea whether we could afford or attract those that would, if we were even interested.

It is likely that if we spend and look to improve it is likely there will be less Scottish players in the first XI. Equally, as we sell our best players gaps may be filled by the likes of Henderson, Christie and some of the good young players at the club. 

when you signed Armstrong, gms and cifci was only done as no opposition meant all was being done on the cheap, including manager

seem to remember when weren't doing so well, which was down to manager, comments were that if sign Dundee United players, you become Dundee United

in more challenging times you would not have signed or played an Armstrong

don't personally expect any Scottish signings this summer as Rodgers will be given reasonable level of cash

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/2/2017 at 11:25 AM, bonny78 said:

That is not going to happen because it would be daft to join the eu after escsping from its corruption.  Also wouldnt want that failing currency anywhere near these shores.  

Must.... resist.... troll.....

11 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Its not trolling... For once. One of the few serious points ive made on here 

Under this username or all of your multiple ones, Ron? 

On 02/04/2017 at 11:25 AM, bonny78 said:

That is not going to happen because it would be daft to join the eu after escsping from its corruption.  Also wouldnt want that failing currency anywhere near these shores.  

And the £ is doing really well !!!

58 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

It will recover unlike the euro which is tied to too many countries.  

The £ lost 18% against the dollar which is the global trading currency, the euro was stable against the dollar .

Where can you see the £ gaining back that 18% during the next 2 years ? 

6 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

I do know that some of our key players are Scottish. Gordon, Tierney, Brown, Armstrong and Forrest are some of the first names on the teamsheet. McGregor has played 36 times this season. Griffiths is only kept out by a much better than expected Dembele. 

There aren't too many Scottish players that would improve our team. I've no idea whether we could afford or attract those that would, if we were even interested.

It is likely that if we spend and look to improve it is likely there will be less Scottish players in the first XI. Equally, as we sell our best players gaps may be filled by the likes of Henderson, Christie and some of the good young players at the club. 

The Scottish market is a good one for Rangers. Aberdeen for once have done the sensible thing and bought good Scottish players (or foreigners from Scottish clubs) for decent, but not crazy, money. It's not rocket science, cherry pick affordable players from your rivals with a proven ability to perform at the level required. At least it keeps the buyers's money in Scotland where it can be used by the selling club to develop more players, instead of Eastern Europe or League 2 or below in England.

Edited by er yir macaroon

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:16 AM, PASTA Mick said:

3 foreigner rule would be a massive backwards step. How many teams could put a team out next weekend? 

Another version of it might be a good idea but unless we improve the deal we get from TV, any half decent player would still move south after a handful of good games. 

In Scotland? Every single side I'd imagine.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:55 PM, Bino's said:

don't personally expect any Scottish signings this summer as Rodgers will be given reasonable level of cash

If there were Scottish players that would strengthen his side, then Rodgers would sign them.

Name ones he should sign.

35 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

In Scotland? Every single side I'd imagine.

Only if they are massively weakened and unrecognisable.

In going off memory now but I'm sure I saw a report earlier in the season which showed some teams only had 2 or 3 Scottish players starting. Pretty sure ICT and Killie had the lowest numbers. 

12 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

In going off memory now but I'm sure I saw a report earlier in the season which showed some teams only had 2 or 3 Scottish players starting. Pretty sure ICT and Killie had the lowest numbers

This will go down well ;)

33 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

In going off memory now but I'm sure I saw a report earlier in the season which showed some teams only had 2 or 3 Scottish players starting. Pretty sure ICT and Killie had the lowest numbers. 

We've always got a Scottish spine to the team.

On Saturday we had Taylor, Wilson, K. Boyd, McKenzie & S.Boyd start. Kiltie should start tomorrow night now he's fit too. Macdonald, Smith, Frizzell

Not ideal but I'd imagine we'll be better next season. Last season we had tons of games with 8 or 9 Scot's regularly starting.  

Lee Clark signed some amount of sh1te but still quite a few Scottish players playing regularly in spite of this. Definitely would like to see it higher though.

30 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

This will go down well ;)

It would maybe bother me if it was true.

He's our top played players this season. Scottish players in bold.  Sorry to disappoint you FakeScot.

Jordan Jones

1989'

-

-

-

Gary Dicker

2519'

-

-

-

Greg Taylor

2403'

-

-

-

-

Luke Hendrie

2282'

-

-

-

Rory McKenzie

2101'

-

-

-

Kris Boyd

1678'

-

-

Souleymane Coulibaly

1636'

-

-

Jamie MacDonald

1890'

-

-

-

-

-

Steven Smith

1660'

-

-

Scott Boyd

1603'

-

-

-

-

17 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It would maybe bother me if it was true.

He's our top played players this season. Scottish players in bold.  Sorry to disappoint you FakeScot.

Jordan Jones

1989'

-

-

-

Gary Dicker

2519'

-

-

-

Greg Taylor

2403'