Our Next Game - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Our Next Game

scot scotland scottish

54 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Don't think England have a friendly confirmed either. We've played June qualifiers before without a friendly, Germany and Moldova for example.

Do they not? I must say I thought England usually had their friendlies sorted out way in advance - perhaps not this time.

England game is a fortnight after the cup final, so could work out that a number of players will go a few weeks without a game beforehand (in the case of any players in the Championship in England who aren't involved in the play off, about a month I'd have thought!)

1 minute ago, scot scotland scottish said:

Do they not? I must say I thought England usually had their friendlies sorted out way in advance - perhaps not this time.

England game is a fortnight after the cup final, so could work out that a number of players will go a few weeks without a game beforehand (in the case of any players in the Championship in England who aren't involved in the play off, about a month I'd have thought!)

Since my last reply I seen that they play France in Paris a few days after our game, but no game before.

Though not many, there is a fair number of games announced for June, but its mainly the teams heading to Europe for the confederations cup (almost all of them have their games announced already) and some teams actually heading to North America for matches (could be wrong, but sure ROI have a friendly in New York 3/4 days before a qualifier in Dublin)

I suspect England will probably announce a match soon, though with the SFA, knowing Strachan in the past, who knows what we will get (he binned the planned Malta training camp and friendly before the Croatia game years ago (the SFA staff were going around Brussels telling folk at the Belgium game it was all but signed), and plus a friendly v Uruguay was mooted before a home qualifier later that year, and he turned down a pre-Germany friendly a few years back).

Northern Ireland would be a good one to get, but I believe they have their June games planned/in place.

Edited by wanderer

5 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Whats the point he wont take it seriously anyway and will end up giving Gordon Greer a run out. 

hahaha true, but the Championship season finishes on the 7th of May, and that's a lot of players who will have gone a full month without a game (fair enough, Sheff Wednesday, Fulham or Norwich might make the Championship Play off final on the 29th of May to allow Martin, Naismith, Martin, Ciarney, Rhodes and Bannan a run out, but guys like Mulgrew, Anya, Berra etc will have gone a long time without a game)

4 minutes ago, deecie said:

We'll no doubt play them a few days after the England game instead.

Would certainly not put it past the SFA to be more inclined for a game after the England match (if a good offer from a team over for the Confederations Cup came along) rather than a pre-England friendly)

5 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Kosovo at Rugby Park. Only call up current/former Kilmarnock players and get Squirrelhumper to be a guest manager for the evening. Captain for the day will be Steve Maskrey

Cool story. Surprised you've heard of Maskrey in England right enough.

Name the last Killie player i said should be called up for Scotland? Off the top of my head it's Liam Kelly, before that it was Bryson.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Loads of games have been confirmed. Here are the ones so far:

28/5/17

Mexico v Croatia

31/5/17

Morocco v Netherlands 

1/6/17

Switzerland v Belarus 

2/6/17

Mexico v Ireland 

Northern Ireland v New Zealand 

4/6/17