Who's going to the Italy game on Saturday? - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who's going to the Italy game on Saturday?

Bristolhibby

So who's going to the game on Saturday.

Flying up on the red eye from Bristol Saturday AM. Looking forward to it. Logic being we can't be as poor as we were last week and 3 home wins at the start of the campaign and I'd have bitten your hands off.

Get to see some of the family and have a few pints.

Going to slip away early and get myself over to Easter Road for the Hibs V Dumbarton game as well. 

Early flight back to Bristol the next morning.

J

I'll be there. Hopefully given our kickoff is 1230, I should be drunk enough not to remember England winning the grand slam later in the afternoon. But I should be able to remember enjoying the French giving the Taffs a kicking.

Why is the Scotland v Italy game being played ahead of the other games ?

Was it thought to be a meaningless wooden spoon game when they planned the fixtures a while back ?

Edited by fringo

35 minutes ago, fringo said:

Why is the Scotland v Italy game being played ahead of the other games ?

Was it thought to be a meaningless wooden spoon game when they planned the fixtures a while back ?

I'm really dredging my memory banks but IIRC the last round of games always KO at the same times. Certainly when it was 5 Nations, one team had already finished their fixtures. Guess money and TV talks. Our game at 12:30, 15:45 for the France v Wales game and finally 17:00 for the Ireland v England game.

J

8 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

I'm really dredging my memory banks but IIRC the last round of games always KO at the same times. Certainly when it was 5 Nations, one team had already finished their fixtures. Guess money and TV talks. Our game at 12:30, 15:45 for the France v Wales game and finally 17:00 for the Ireland v England game.

J

Not been the case for a long time. Even in the five nations - 1998 had different times. 

Edited by biffer

When Ireland won the 6N by gubbing us at Murrayfield a couple of years back, England were unhappy that Ireland started the game knowing how many points they had to win by,

Edited by Pool Q

Aye a will be there 

Was at Twickenham on Saturday...really need a big performance tae finish the tournament off. Agree wae Hibby, 3 wins is a good result. Winning away rugby matches is a rare thing especially fir us 

This is Cotter's last game ?? So he deserves a winning send off 

35 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

When Ireland won the 6N by gubbing us at Murrayfield a couple of years back, England were unhappy that Ireland started the game knowing how many points they had to win by,

Tough on them, they're the ones who've developed the spin element chasing money continually.

15 hours ago, Pool Q said:

True I forgot about that.

It still struck me that Italy v Scot was scheduled first as it was probably deemed as unimportant.

Scotland team to play Italy at BT Murrayfield, RBS 6 Nations
Saturday 18 March (kick-off 12.30pm) – live on BBC

15. Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors) – 52 caps; 16 tries, 3 pens, 89 points

14. Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors) – 35 caps; 15 tries, 75 points
13. Huw Jones (Stormers) – 7 caps; 4 tries, 20 points
12. Alex Dunbar (Glasgow Warriors) – 23 caps; 6 tries, 30 points
11. Tim Visser (Harlequins) – 30 caps; 12 tries, 60 points

10. Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors) – 26 caps; 2 tries, 8 cons, 8 pens, 50 points
9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 4 caps

1. Gordon Reid (Glasgow Warriors) – 23 caps; 1 try, 5 points
2. Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby) – 106 caps; 2 tries, 10 points
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 8 caps
4. Richie Gray (Toulouse) – 64 caps; 3 tries, 15 points
5. Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors) – 32 caps; 2 tries, 10 points
6. John Barclay CAPTAIN (Scarlets) – 59 caps; 4 tries, 20 points
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby) – 9 caps; 1 try, 5 points
8. Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors) – 26 caps

Substitutes:
16. Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) – 24 caps
17. Allan Dell (Edinburgh Rugby) – 7 caps
18. Simon Berghan (Edinburgh Rugby) – 2 cap
19. Tim Swinson (Glasgow Warriors) – 28 caps; 1 try, 5 points
20. Cornell Du Preez (Edinburgh Rugby) – 1 cap
21. Henry Pyrgos (Glasgow Warriors) – 20 caps; 4 tries, 3 pens, 29 points
22. Duncan Weir (Edinburgh Rugby) – 26 caps; 2 tries, 7 cons, 10 pens, 1 drop, 57 points
23. Matt Scott (Gloucester) – 36 caps; 4 tries, 20 points

Richie just been declared unfit for tomorrow.

from Scotland Rugby FB page

BREAKING | Edinburgh Rugby lock Grant Gilchrist to start v Italy after Richie Gray fails to recover fully from a hamstring strain #AsOne

J

Was Gilchrist even in the squad? Seems slightly odd he comes in ahead of both Swinson and Toolis. Hope he goes well anyway, been desperately unlucky with injuries. The players need to put last weekend and Cotter's last game to one side, and put on a decent performance and get the win.