Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

31 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Shows up perfectly the small time mentality of Milne. What a fhucking miserable east coast miser that he would not take the chance on a loss no matter how remote. Would not matter how much money he has... small time.

he took the loss in the league cup final

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

So what? Fans don't give a flying feck about their chairmans finances, it's the Scottish Cup final FFS.

Small minded and embarrassing from the country's 3rd biggest club. 

52 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He didn't take any loss at all. The league cup ticket guarantee scenario meant AFC only made something like £490k instead of £500k from that game.

There was zero chance we wouldn't sell the additional tickets for this cup final and even if there was, the negative PR and alienating a section of your own support is hardly worth the small sum of money.

4 minutes ago, min said:

He didn't take any loss at all. The league cup ticket guarantee scenario meant AFC only made something like £490k instead of £500k from that game.

There was zero chance we wouldn't sell the additional tickets for this cup final and even if there was, the negative PR and alienating a section of your own support is hardly worth the small sum of money.

It's only alienating fans that don't bother to attend Pittodrie. They can go and themselves, they don't deserve to see the Famous lift the Scottish Cup. 

nintchdbpict000076264930.jpg

12 hours ago, deecie said:

It's only alienating fans that don't bother to attend Pittodrie. They can go and themselves, they don't deserve to see the Famous lift the Scottish Cup. 

nintchdbpict000076264930.jpg

I assume that's tongue in cheek Deccie, if not what utter nonsense, what about the thousands of Dons fans who live down south or abroad so can't go every week for obvious reasons?

Am I any less of a St Mirren fan than those who go most weeks?

10 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

That's my group fully sorted now thanks to those tickets handed back by the Dons  :10:

You're welcome. I'll have a pint please. 

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Pint for me and a Fanta for the bairn if there's someone standing their hand. 

He might want crisps too. 

We'll be somewhere in partick on match day I believe. 

Cheers. 

Can't make Partick, how about I lob it from the upper tier since we're above you now? :D:D:D 

48 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Pint for me and a Fanta for the bairn if there's someone standing their hand. 

He might want crisps too. 

We'll be somewhere in partick on match day I believe. 

Cheers. 

Give me a shout if you want any advice on boozers in Partick as I know most of them relatively well.

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Can't make Partick, how about I lob it from the upper tier since we're above you now? :D:D:D 

You can try,but you'll need a helluva throw to reach the north stand from there without spilling it. 

57 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm assuming they'll be going to the Rock.

49 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Bloody Teuchtars, that's not in Partick!! :lol:

Can't remember the name,somewhere that is for Aberdeen only apparently and is welcoming kids. 

Trying to find out. 

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Can't remember the name,somewhere that is for Aberdeen only apparently and is welcoming kids. 

Trying to find out. 

The Grapes bar? That's Paisley road west

Edited by Reevesy

10 minutes ago, scottishedgar said:

Even if the dons couldn't sell the additional tickets, which I'd imagine they would, then they could easily have put them round the schools or something.

Pretty disappointing if you were an Aberdeen fan

They could easily sell them,but I can assume aberdeens stance,as childish as it is,would be along the lines of,if you can't back us at home and semi finals,then you're not getting a ticket for the final,which I kinda agree on. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

They could easily sell them,but I can assume aberdeens stance,as childish as it is,would be along the lines of,if you can't back us at home and semi finals,then you're not getting a ticket for the final,which I kinda agree on. 

You agree with not encouraging lapsed fans or using a cup final to try and expand the fan base? 

44 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You agree with not encouraging lapsed fans or using a cup final to try and expand the fan base? 

There's plenty encouragement on the park most weeks,there's no excuse for not being able to get a ticket,there were 40,000+ at parkhead,there was 14,029 at pittodrie 6 days later to watch the Kilmarnock game. 

Everyine who deserved a ticket,got one imo. 

Nothing aberdeen do will make fans go regularly,that's been shown over many years,people simply won't buy into cheering them on. 

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

There's plenty encouragement on the park most weeks,there's no excuse for not being able to get a ticket

There's loads of reasons folk might not be able to get a ticket. How about a young fan who's starting to become interested in football badgering his dad who's a lapsed fan to go to the Cup Final. Could be the start of them going together more often. 

Nope, they can't go to the Cup Final. 

Or maybe there's a group of young lads, who've had no one to take them but are just old enough to start going to games themselves. 

Nope they can't go to the Cup Final either. 

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

,there were 40,000+ at parkhead,there was 14,029 at pittodrie 6 days later to watch the Kilmarnock game. 

Everyine who deserved a ticket,got one imo. 

Nothing aberdeen do will make fans go regularly,that's been shown over many years,people simply won't buy into cheering them on. 

Aberdeen have barely tried anything to increase attendances. Their efforts have been sporadic and token.

This latest stunt is just a middle finger to potential new fans. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

There's loads of reasons folk might not be able to get a ticket. How about a young fan who's starting to become interested in football badgering his dad who's a lapsed fan to go to the Cup Final. Could be the start of them going together more often. 

Nope, they can't go to the Cup Final. 

Or maybe there's a group of young lads, who've had no one to take them but are just old enough to start going to games themselves. 

Nope they can't go to the Cup Final either. 

Aberdeen have barely tried anything to increase attendances. Their efforts have been sporadic and token.

This latest stunt is just a middle finger to potential new fans. 

The young fan can badger his dad to take him to pittodrie too. 

The group of lads are clearly old enough to go to games themselves,so if they went to pittodrie,they would have enough points to get tickets. 

Most times we play St Mirren,they have the "Bring a buddy" initiative,it barely registers in an increase in ticket sales. 

Prices have stayed relatively level over the last 2-3 years,they offered 2-3 games over the festive period for about £40 I think it was,again,attendances barely changed. 

They offer reasonable prices (£15) I believe for European and league cup games,for this,attendances probably drop. 

If you want a wee one interested in the team,take them to a cheap game where we are more likely than not gonna win by a few goals. 

I have no sympathy for anyone that doesn't have a ticket. 

Back the team regularly and get the rewards at the end of the season. 

Would be interesting to get attendance figures based on unique customers or whatever you'd call it.

So Motherwell average 3500-4000 at home games, but it's obviously not the same people every week. That could be 8000 people averaging 10 games each.

You'd guess there would be quite a bitmore than 20,000 people been to see Aberdeen this season.

The young fan can badger his dad to take him to pittodrie too. 

The group of lads are clearly old enough to go to games themselves,so if they went to pittodrie,they would have enough points to get tickets. 

Cup Finals and the glamour that come with them are more attractive to kids and casual fans. 

I just don't get the mindset that folk would rather we handed back tickets for Celtic to sell, than sell them to casual/part time/lapsed/new fans of Aberdeen because they don't "deserve a ticket". 

I have no sympathy for anyone that doesn't have a ticket. 

A very Aberdonian attitude.