Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I worked with a plasterer for the now defunct company Forman Construction. A guy called Drew who will now be retired. We used to rib him when he came away with the Barnhill pish. :P

Drew no long retired and looking well last I saw him recently. :ok:

Just now, black'n'tan said:

Drew no long retired and looking well last I saw him recently. :ok:

Tell him Perth Colin the painter is asking for him. Tell him I've moved and ask him if he still hates sneaky old Pete the grass? 

3 hours ago, AberdeenAngus said:

3rd time Thistle have visited Pittodrie this season easy the worst they've played. On previous 2 visits I was really impressed with how they played.

Some very poor refereeing today - seems to be a common theme this season for most teams. 

Aye we were utter gash today - wasn't an easy watch - Dons deserved it but was a pretty poor game all round.

One of the boys on the Thistle forum has summed it up with a new song :lol:

When the Jags

go up

to lift the Scottish Cup

we'll be dead

we'll be dead !

48 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Celtic obvious favourites to make the final but as we proved last season we can win these games. Probably a Celtic v Aberdeen final but I think you will get decent odds for Hibs to get to through.

The Celtic from this season are a totally different animal compared to last season and i don't think Rodgers will be trying out GMS in that game.

The other semi can go either way , now Hibs have the cup they don't appear to want to give it up !!!!

11 hours ago, Rossy said:

I'd put Hibs as favourites to win.

Away and don't a lot of pish. We've won 10 of the last 12 games, with one of the defeats being away to Celtic. 

As things stand we're heavy favourites. Clearly form could've turned around then but to claim Hibs are favourites is just nonsense IMO. 

10 hours ago, Ormond said:

Be careful. We'll be labelled as anti-Rangers.

And seething and upset too :lol: 

27 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Away and don't a lot of pish. We've won 10 of the last 12 games, with one of the defeats being away to Celtic. 

Aye, and the other was away to BOTTOM club Hamilton.......

its a 50/50 game i think...

3 minutes ago, stocky said:

Aye, and the other was away to BOTTOM club Hamilton.......

its a 50/50 game i think...

Indeed. We've had one bad result in about 3 months...

Hibs on the other hand lost the the BOTTOM club in the CHAMPIONSHIP, last midweek. 

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Hibs on the other hand lost the the BOTTOM club in the CHAMPIONSHIP, last midweek. 

Aye, fair point..

The team whom Brendan Rodgers said were the bast he has faced in Scotland this year...

The SEMI is a 50/50.   I dont believe any side are favourites....

21 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeap.

And our record is so good in big games at Hampden I've already booked my flights home for the final in May.

If Aberdeen were to play Hibs 20 times in a row, I've no doubt that Aberdeen would come out on top. Hibs though have proved themselves a better cup team over the last few years... (I'll give you that probably the only 'difficult' tie they've had in the last three years was Hearts last season)...and are cup holders.

I make Hibs favourites...just...based on that.

Edited by Rossy

4 minutes ago, stocky said:

Aye, fair point..

The team whom Brendan Rodgers said were the bast he has faced in Scotland this year...

Do you think that's actually true? 

Just now, Rossy said:

Yeap.

And our record is so good in big games at Hampden I've already booked my flights home for the final in May.

If Aberdeen were to play Hibs 20 times in a row, I've no doubt that Aberdeen would come out on top. Hibs though have proved themselves a better cup team over the last few years... (I'll give you that probably the only 'difficult' tie they've had in the last three years is Hearts, twice)...and are cup holders.

I make Hibs favourites...just...based on that.

The bookies disagree. 

Aberdeen have been priced up 19/20 to win in 90 minutes. With Hibs at 5/2. 

Aberdeen are the 2nd best side in Scotland, i don't think many folk would dispute that. They're a better side than Hibs and are favourites to win. It'll be a close game that could go either way, Aberdeen are favourites though. 

25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Also bear in mind we have beaten them. Given how sh*t we are that's not good.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Also bear in mind we have beaten them. Given how sh*t we are that's not good.

Sorry for taking this Gay(ish) thread off topic, but fancy a wee Tenner that the best team that Celtic have played domestically this season pump you in the diddy cup final in 2 weeks.

Loser to pay it to TASA obviously :-)

59 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Celtic fans will be praying beaton doesn't get the semi to ref : 

John Beaton has ref'd Celtic & Rangers 4 X each in 16/17

YC Celtic 9 Rangers 6

Pens Celtic 1 Rangers 4

It amuses me that people actually take the time to go away and research stuff like this.  There are actually Celtic fans out there not content with winning the league by a squillion points and being light years ahead of Rangers that still need to try and find evidence of some masonic refereeing conspiracy!! 

(PS Sheddy, I know it wasn't you who did this for the avoidance of doubt!!)