2017 Gig Thread - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2017 Gig Thread

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-2-24 at 10:18 AM, Larky Masher said:

Was considering The Skids in Edinburgh or Glasgow though not sure if I fancy hearing stuff from the new lp. Down to Leeds in three weeks time to see Peter Hook and the Light (again).

Saw The Skids at Cambridge last week, thoroughly enjoyed it.  Richard Jobson was on top form.  I ''ve seen Big Country and the Armoury Show but The Skids had split up by the time I was going to gigs.  Well worth seeing, only played one new track.

4 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Saw The Skids at Cambridge last week, thoroughly enjoyed it.  Richard Jobson was on top form.  I ''ve seen Big Country and the Armoury Show but The Skids had split up by the time I was going to gigs.  Well worth seeing, only played one new track.

Tried to get tickets for the shows in Central Scotland but the were all gone, glad to hear they we're good.

Just now, Larky Masher said:

Tried to get tickets for the shows in Central Scotland but the were all gone, glad to hear they we're good.

Richard Jobson' s last words were 'We'll not leave this another 35 years before doing this again'.  So who knows maybe you make get another chance sooner rather than later!

From reading reviews, I'm rather looking toward to hampden tomorrow. My wife is coming this time, to see what all the fuss is about. 

Couple of questions for the locals. 

After the gig, is mount Florida better organised than a Scotland game, or is it the usual shambles?

Where would be the best places to head after the gig, bearing in mind the casual dress code we will all have? (8 of us)

Thanks in advance. 

17 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

From reading reviews, I'm rather looking toward to hampden tomorrow. My wife is coming this time, to see what all the fuss is about. 

Couple of questions for the locals. 

After the gig, is mount Florida better organised than a Scotland game, or is it the usual shambles?

Where would be the best places to head after the gig, bearing in mind the casual dress code we will all have? (8 of us)

Thanks in advance. 

Where you staying? Are you standing or seated?

I'd suggest drinking in Shawlands beforehand. Are you staying City Centre? Quite a lot of places doing after parties.

49 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Where you staying? Are you standing or seated?

I'd suggest drinking in Shawlands beforehand. Are you staying City Centre? Quite a lot of places doing after parties.

Standing and not staying. Bus picks us up whenever we want from city centre. 

8 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Standing and not staying. Bus picks us up whenever we want from city centre. 

There's a pre party in the Shed before it, might be worth a shout. Bars around southside with be jumping.

After it, I'd be tempted to walk to Shawlands, have a few beers then get a taxi back to city centre (about £8 in a hack) and let the traffic die down. Linen is open until 2am, with Corona open until 1am and others around open too. City centre can be a pain in the arse on a Saturday, especially if you are dressed for a gig.

Classic Grand have an after party on until 3am but its £20.

Decent line up all the same!

Mark Archer (Altern8)
Darren Partington (808 State)
Jon Mancini & Boney (Streetrave Legends)
Bosco & Rob Mason (Lets Go Back)
Vince Vega (Happy Mondays Tour dj)
Phil Beckett (Stone Roses Tour Dj)
Clint Boon (Inspiral Carpets)
McTunes(Hacienda/808State)
Dermo (Northside)

Set times

http://www.tenementtv.com/news/set-times-stone-roses-hampden-park-announced/

Post gig its the usual shambles.  If you are heading back into town I would strongly recommend walking to Cathcart which is the station before Mount Florida.  15 mins walk which is better than chaotic long queues.  I don't know any pubs open southside after midnight.

If you want to stay out in city centre the "Slouch" on Bath St is a pub with good music open until 3am as is "Maggie Mays" on Argyle St.  Both should let you in but Glasgow bouncers are brutal.

20 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Saw them at the Roundhouse last Friday and they were excellent. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Meant to be their last ever gig tomorrow.

Was reading that earlier.  It would appear Brown and Squire have been at each others throats again if rumours are to be believed.

Got a good few gigs coming up now from now until the end of the year and into next year.  I've been ticket buying daft recently. 

Rainbow @ The Hydro - June

Guns n Roses @ Stade de France - July

Metallica @ The Hydro - October

Steely Dan @ The O2 London - October

Deep Purple @ The Hydro - November

Queens of the Stone Age @ The Usher Hall - November

Alice Cooper @ The Hydro - November

Airbourne @ The Academy - November

Mastodon @ The Barras - December

Stonesour @ The Hydro - December

Toto @ The Armadillo - April '18

1 hour ago, Topcat said:

looking for a standing ticket for tomorrow - better late than never I suppose.

It's not sold out. May be worth trying ticketmaster etc to see if you can collect at the venue. 

Or gkasgow box office, if such a thing exists?

Worst case, we may have a spare seated ticket. 

14 hours ago, Alan said:

Set times

http://www.tenementtv.com/news/set-times-stone-roses-hampden-park-announced/

Post gig its the usual shambles.  If you are heading back into town I would strongly recommend walking to Cathcart which is the station before Mount Florida.  15 mins walk which is better than chaotic long queues.  I don't know any pubs open southside after midnight.

If you want to stay out in city centre the "Slouch" on Bath St is a pub with good music open until 3am as is "Maggie Mays" on Argyle St.  Both should let you in but Glasgow bouncers are brutal.

Cheers for those bars, may give them a go but we will be gig dressed so not holding my breath.

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Think we're gonna go to the clockworks bar or the shed, are they relatively close to each other, is this shawlands area?

20 odd min walk apart, Clockwork nearer Hampden.

7 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Cheers for those bars, may give them a go but we will be gig dressed so not holding my breath.

20 odd min walk apart, Clockwork nearer Hampden.

That's exactly my worry about afterwards, I'm not going to a gig in my finest dress and shoes, slightly worried about getting in anywhere. I did see last night a place called firewater has a post gig night. 

Free entry before 10, £5 thereafter, gig finishes at 10:45 :rollsmile: 

No flies on the management of that establishment.......

The Shed is in Shawlands 20 mins from Hampden and Clockwork is 5 mins walk from Hampden.  I'd expect it to be busy.

Slouch & Maggie Mays have indie music so I'd hope its easier to get in post gig as does Firewater which is a bit of a younger crowd.

Again its all a gamble due to bouncers.

15 hours ago, Only One Stop said:

Don't think Reni ever was really fussed about the reunion. Him and Brown in particular have no relationship. Don't think Mani and Squire are that happy with Reni either. 

This is is definitely the end. What a trip though. 

Could be quite a strange atmosphere tonight then?...