2017 Gig Thread - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2017 Gig Thread

On 2/27/2017 at 4:25 PM, Andy North Croy said:

Saw Fufanu the other week at Nice n Sleazys in Glasgow....worst venue ever?

I'm offended by that.  Also, you've clearly never been to Steelend Miner's Welfare, or the old Hunting Lodge in Leven.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got weekend tickets for Country to Country followed by weekend tickets for Gig on the Goil. 

Cause I rock!

• 3 weeks later...
On 27 February 2017 at 1:48 PM, aaid said:

Went to see Teenage Fanclub last night at Shepherd's Bush Empire.  Excellent as always although they could have done with turning the sound up a bit.

Out of curiosity, were you standing underneath the balcony? A couple of years ago I went to see Clap Your Hands Say Yeah at the SBE and stood there for the first couple of tracks. Sounded terrible. So I moved out from underneath the balcony and the sound was brilliant. Wee lesson learnt for that venue.

I'm going to see Paul Weller a week on Friday at the Albert Hall. Looking forward to that.

Just now, Marky said:

Out of curiosity, were you standing underneath the balcony? A couple of years ago I went to see Clap Your Hands Say Yeah at the SBE and stood there for the first couple of tracks. Sounded terrible. So I moved out from underneath the balcony and the sound was brilliant. Wee lesson learnt for that venue.

I'm going to see Paul Weller a week on Friday at the Albert Hall. Looking forward to that.

We were under balcony, strategically close to the gents and bar?.

It wasn't that the quality of the sound was bad, it wasn't, the clarity was pretty good, it was just it could have done with being a bit louder.   Been to SBE on a number of occasions and never noticed a problem like before. 

• 2 months later...
Guest MorayCupMan

Rob zombie o2 academy 9th june

Liam gallagher barras 11th june

Prophets of rage o2 brixton 13th june

Sare lugs 14th june

Tom petty and heartbreakers hyde park 9th july

Amazons liquid rooms edinburgh 4th october

Guest flumax
4 minutes ago, MorayCupMan said:

Sare lugs 14th june

Scuse my ignorance, is that a real band name. If so I hope they're from the north east and play loud,  loud music 

Guest flumax
4 minutes ago, MorayCupMan said:

It was my little attempt at humour.....its still bothy ballads up this way for entertainment

Well I liked it. 

Btw I do enjoy the odd  druthy cobbler (sp) acoustic night 

Guest MorayCupMan

There has to be a plate of stovies and a glass of milk on the night though when in attendance at the bothy b's

Guest flumax
2 minutes ago, MorayCupMan said:

There has to be a plate of stovies and a glass of milk on the night though when in attendance at the bothy b's

So you've been to the old tin hut in gartly. 

Guest MorayCupMan

Na never been there like....is the druthy cobbler the place that was flannegans before ?....in the hole that is elgin

Guest MorayCupMan

Went to flannegans a fair few times for a bit of high quality heavy metal...the upstairs was always a decent size and the place had potential...is it any good now like ?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Just got tickets for The Libertine at the Grand Hall in Killie in September.

Got Stone Roses on Saturday and Pixies in August.

Got ones for Dunfermline, good wee venue the Alhambra.

Roses on Saturday too, followed by Skids in Dunfermline following week and then Fri/Sat of Transmit.

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Got ones for Dunfermline, good wee venue the Alhambra.

Roses on Saturday too, followed by Skids in Dunfermline following week and then Fri/Sat of Transmit.

Forgot to add TRNSMT! Going on the Saturday.

Grand Hall in Killie is cracking too, this is still one of my fave gigs ever!

11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Just got tickets for LCD Soundsytem at the Barras in September.  Been wanting to see them for years so really looking forward to it, especially as it's the Barras.

Missed this was in meeting at work.