Lithuania Away - Where you staying? - Page 2 - Lithuania v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lithuania Away - Where you staying?

KingKennyMcLean

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-2-14 at 4:19 PM, jackhayes17 said:

Staying in the Rock n' Roll hotel Vilnius.Ā 5 of going, a triple and doubleĀ working out about 80 euro each for 3 nights.Ā Can't complain!

Booked in the same hotel, Thursday to the Sunday Ā£120

• 2 months later...
On 23/02/2017 at 11:06 AM, Reevesy said:

Pylimo Svečių Namai in the old town near Gediminas Tower

Had this booked on booking.com from the 30th for three nights. No sure wit a done but managed to cancel it. Another 12 of our group here though. I am now about 100m down the road in silvija guest house.

2 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Had this booked on booking.com from the 30th for three nights. No sure wit a done but managed to cancel it. Another 12 of our group here though. I am now about 100m down the road in silvija guest house.

Strangely enough we canceled it too and have also booked Silvija along with Stay Express. Still to decide which one to go for as both have free cancelation.

10 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Strangely enough we canceled it too and have also booked Silvija along with Stay Express. Still to decide which one to go for as both have free cancelation.

It does look a bit of a prison haha! I'll be happy with Silvija although I had to pay up front. Heard the Piano Man Bar round the corner is a good boozerĀ <_<

On 8/10/2017 at 0:29 PM, The Bunnet said:

Managed to switch hotels.Ā four of us now in the Panorama Hotel. It is handy for everything, trains, bus, stadium and centre, Ā£75 a skull forĀ three nights. Few quid dearer than Grata, but saves the taxis and losing anyone after a sweet sherry or two.

Handy location but I'd advise you not to walk back to your hotel alone later on at night. Was a few guys who got jumped and mugged just outside the hotel last time we were over and the hotel staff couldn't care about it. Also seemed a popular hotel with Russians who were not very friendly.

2 hours ago, drew said:

Handy location but I'd advise you not to walk back to your hotel alone later on at night. Was a few guys who got jumped and mugged just outside the hotel last time we were over and the hotel staff couldn't care about it. Also seemed a popular hotel with Russians who were not very friendly.

Hi Drew, we are in the City Gate hotel just along the road from the Panorama, Ā any idea if it is as dodgy as the Panorama ?

2 hours ago, drew said:

Ta for the advice but could happen walking to any hotelĀ 

Ā 

14 hours ago, stinky said:

Ta for the advice but could happen walking to any hotelĀ 

Ā 

Probably. Was also quite a lot of ladies of the night hanging around that area and a few drug dealers as well apparently. Remember last time the taxi driver taking us from the airport to the hotel telling usĀ to be careful walking back at night.Ā If the 4 of you stick together you should be OK..

14 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Hi Drew, we are in the City Gate hotel just along the road from the Panorama, Ā any idea if it is as dodgy as the Panorama ?

The problem wasn't so much the hotel as I remember and more to do with the area (although the hotel staff seemed to take the attitude of you should have known better).

IfĀ I remember correctly you're about a 10 - 15 minute walk away from the Panorama and the train station going down hill towards the old town. Never came across or heard anyone having any issues till they reached the Panorama and the train station so it might be fine.

11 hours ago, drew said:

Probably. Was also quite a lot of ladies of the night hanging around that area and a few drug dealers as well apparently. Remember last time the taxi driver taking us from the airport to the hotel telling usĀ to be careful walking back at night.Ā If the 4 of you stick together you should be OK..

hope its not as bad as malta my mate got sacked twice robbed twice and his feet eaten by fish while he was pishedĀ 

I think you have to be sensible in any city late at night. We will always taxi it back at night, cheap enough. 3 mates have very early flights outĀ on the Saturday morning, so the short run to the airport is a bonus for them. Just a case of keeping your wits about you. I had a wander round street view, and the old town looks like every street could be a muggers alley. But pal who was over couple of years ago said friendliest place he has visited.

44 minutes ago, castle douglas mcfc said:

We are in hotel Domus Maria Wednesday to Sunday looks good and good reviews.

Domus Maria is a superb hotel, very quaint, decent breakfast and right next to the big arch/gate thingymajig