Cheltenham Festival 2017 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cheltenham Festival 2017

Ally Bongo

It's been a bad year for Willie Mullins and as such will most likely be a bad one for punters in March.

It's been a grand three years

Vautour - deceased

Annie Power - injured

Min - injured

Faugheen - injured

Looks like his main players will be Douvan (which going by his luck will fall if it does manage to beat the jinx and get there) and Djakadam in the Gold Cup

Edited by Ally Bongo

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/02/2017 at 0:48 PM, scot scotland scottish said:

TAMB used to have a really good horse racing thread. Seems to have died on its' feet....

A certain person joined in which put me off ...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been that busy at work recently I've paid scant attention to this year's Festival - heading down this evening without a Scooby Doo what I'm going to bet (apart from planning an e/w on River Wylde in the Novices) - will be playing it by ear - possibly not a bad thing...

Edited by Charlie Endell

I've got to have better luck than I have the last 2 festivals.  I've went through the full card 2 years in a row without a single winner.  I've had the odd winner that was part of a multiple that ultimately lost but nothing that's actually returned any cash.  That's nearly 60 races!!!

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That takes some doing, especially with the amount of winners Mullins has had! I'm still cursing Annie Power for jumping the shadow!

I think that must've saved the bookies millions. So many folk (myself included) had a 3 or 4 timer of the Mullins runners that day :( 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think that must've saved the bookies millions. So many folk (myself included) had a 3 or 4 timer of the Mullins runners that day :( 

We watched that in a pub in Partick and I reckon 98% of the punters in the pub had that Mullins accie on.  The howl of anguish when she hit that fence followed by the stony silence after is something that will live with me for a long time!  We worked out that it cost the 8 of us who were watching it together somewhere in the region of £5K-£6K! :(

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I've got to have better luck than I have the last 2 festivals.  I've went through the full card 2 years in a row without a single winner.  I've had the odd winner that was part of a multiple that ultimately lost but nothing that's actually returned any cash.  That's nearly 60 races!!!

is it possible to put your horses up each day so i know what not to back??

Trying to keep it tighter this year so just £20 on the first race each day with Sky and either get winners or "hopefully" convert the 'free bet' back into real money.

Oh and the customary £0.50EW acca on my 7 picks from the work predictor competition. Feeling flush so might even perm 4 folds each-way at 5p a stake or something :lol: 

Got a lucky 15 on the following: 

2:50 - The Druid's Nephew

3:30 - Yanworth

4:10 - Vroom Vroom

4:50 - Champers on Ice

Also backed Ballyandy in the first with Skybet to take advantage of the offer Donaldo references above. Got a couple of other selections at very small stakes too. 

Good luck everyone :ok: 

On 3/14/2017 at 2:25 AM, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

SFP.

:lol:

looks tricky today. Gone for a Bacardys and Douvan by 6L double 5/1ish. Long shot EW L15 and a single on Greatrex nag in the bumper.

Carnage again yesterday.  Only return was £12 from my Lucky 15 so I reckon I'm about a ton down for the day.  Todays donations will be as follows:

1330 - Shattered Love; Livelovelaugh EW

1410 - Bellshill

1450 - Peregrine Run; Tquin De Seuil EW

1530 - Garde La Victoire EW

1610 - Cantlow

1650 - Dino Velvet

1730 - Cause Tojours