MLB 2017 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

MLB 2017

Ormond

Now that the borefest that is Yank fitba' is out of the way, we can settle down to get ready for the one, true American sport..... Baseball. 

Cubs favourites this year with Boston second favourites. I'm taking in a few games this season at Wrigley like last year and planning to follow them on the road a couple of times also. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, Jas. I see the Indians have started off exactly the same as the Cubs at 6-7 in games. Although the Cubs have lost the last 4 in a row. Hardly inspiring stuff from both the World Series sides so far. The Reds are who have started off well in our division and I'm off down to Cincinnati this week to take in games on the Friday and Saturday. 

• 2 months later...

After the first half of the season being below expected from us, they signed Quintana the pitcher from the White Sox. Should make the city classic an exciting one in just over a week. Today, he started and played a blinder helping sweep Baltimore over 3 games. Could the Cubs have turned the corner? Money is on someone like Houston, Red Sox or Washington though with a dark horse in Milwaukee. Unless we get the finger out. 

I'm kidding myself on the TAMB are interested in rounders though. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Had the pleasure of watching the Braves take on the Dodgers in Atlanta.  Was a great spectacle but the actual sporting experience was a bit meh.

still horsed the free booze and food in the Sky lounge though!

1 hour ago, giblet said:

Had the pleasure of watching the Braves take on the Dodgers in Atlanta.  Was a great spectacle but the actual sporting experience was a bit meh.

still horsed the free booze and food in the Sky lounge though!

Have to watch the Cubs play there with the sound down due to that constant war sounding song they play. The Tomahawk something I think it's called. It goes on and bloody on. 

• 1 month later...

Was at two Cubs games last month, both crazy, beating the Mets 17-5 and 14-6 on consecutive nights. Don't think they quite have theitching depth to win the whole thing again though (although they were on fire for the end of the regular season). Cleveland must be in the box seat, 26-4 since the start of September. 

On 10/3/2017 at 7:55 AM, biffer said:

Was at two Cubs games last month, both crazy, beating the Mets 17-5 and 14-6 on consecutive nights. Don't think they quite have theitching depth to win the whole thing again though (although they were on fire for the end of the regular season). Cleveland must be in the box seat, 26-4 since the start of September. 

Cleveland are the team to beat this year. Outstanding form. After the Cubs ended their huge trophy drought the next team to wait the longest is the Indians so if we can’t do it then it’d be nice for them to. Cubs are starting to play well right when it matters though. Coming from behind last night in a very tight game against Washington to lead the series 2-1. Win tonight and Cubs march on. :ok: ?⚾️?

On 12/10/2017 at 11:36 AM, Ormond said:

Big shock as Cleveland choke to the Yankees. Pretty much everyone had the Indians to win this year and now this. 

God, don't let the yankees win it. Anyone but them.

Dodgers seem to be hitting form at the right time, looks like they could come into the WS rested versus a team that has just some off a seven game series.

Edited by biffer

• 2 weeks later...

Houston batter in the World Series on Friday night has admitted making Oriental signs at an opposing player by pulling his eyes apart squint with his fingers. MLB has absolutely shat it by making him start his 5 game ban at the start of next season. Fvcking cowards. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2017/oct/28/yuli-garriel-yu-darvish-houston-astros-dodgers-world-series

Edited by Ormond