Niagara Falls to Buffalo Airport - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Niagara Falls to Buffalo Airport

Frazerbob

Looking for advise from anyone who has done this journey. Best way to do it, taxi, service bus or airport transfer? Also, how long does it take to get through the border? Flight to NYC is at 1230 so trying to work out how long I need to factor in to get to the airport. 

Thanks!

On 31 January 2017 at 5:02 PM, Ormond said:

You'll need to clarify a few things first. Border? You realise you can access the falls from both sides of the border? You mention Buffalo airport then say NYC. Help us?

Yes I do realise that. After a week in Toronto, I'm staying in Niagara Falls, Canada side. I need to get to Buffalo airport to catch a flight to NYC. Trying to decide how to get to the the airport and how long it takes to get through the border. Apologies, I thought that was clear. 

6 hours ago, Frazerbob said:

Yes I do realise that. After a week in Toronto, I'm staying in Niagara Falls, Canada side. I need to get to Buffalo airport to catch a flight to NYC. Trying to decide how to get to the the airport and how long it takes to get through the border. Apologies, I thought that was clear. 

Can't help, sorry. I'd imagine the border will be a more of a Jimmy Hunt to get through though coming into the States than the other way. I went to Niagara Falls when I first arrived but couldn't risk going into Canada as my green card hadn't kicked in yet.

6 hours ago, Frazerbob said:

Can't help, sorry. I'd imagine the border will be a more of a Jimmy Hunt to get through though coming into the States than the other way. I went to Niagara Falls when I first arrived but couldn't risk going into Canada as my green card hadn't kicked in yet.

7 hours ago, Frazerbob said:

Wallace not tell you ?  I can PM you his number if you want  

I know this area of the world fairly well. Megabus us your best bet. Direct from falls ontario to buffalo airport. You can get a bus from niagara NY to buffalo bus station, then another bus to the airport. Niagara NY and buffalo bus station are both grim places. :ph34r:  Outside june to September you should not take more than half an hour to get across the bridge. (Providing trump doesnt decide he needs to slow it down) Only ever done it by car so not sure how long they would hold the bus up for.

Edited by daveb

6 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Is buffalo train station equally grim? Have a few hours there in April. Have heard the bus station is not the place to be!

There is nothing to it. A small waiting room underneath a motorway. Head to 716 sports bar, only a 5 minute walk from the station. Should be safe if it's daylight :lol:

Edited by daveb

21 hours ago, daveb said:

There is nothing to it. A small waiting room underneath a motorway. Head to 716 sports bar, only a 5 minute walk from the station. Should be safe if it's daylight :lol:

Haha. Have just checked tickets and it's buffalo-depew for about 8 hours. It looks like there's bugger all round there. Any suggestions? Taxi downtown or something, then taxi back?

On 06/02/2017 at 9:28 AM, Duncan Blackheart said:

Haha. Have just checked tickets and it's buffalo-depew for about 8 hours. It looks like there's bugger all round there. Any suggestions? Taxi downtown or something, then taxi back?

If you are getting a through train, I'd imagine you should be able to change at exchange street. I had to wait an hour for someone coming to pick me up at depew last year. It has a nice vending machine :blink: