History makers - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

History makers

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id suggest it's more of a reflection on the Scottish game rather than any great achievement

The record set by the Lisbon Lions was set when the Scottish First Division was full of extremely talented teams and players - Not to mention them all being Scottish

For shame

For shame

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Id suggest it's more of a reflection on the Scottish game rather than any great achievement

The record set by the Lisbon Lions was set when the Scottish First Division was full of extremely talented teams and players - Not to mention them all being Scottish

For shame

For shame

Correct.

Does anybody actually care ? I'm sure some spotty teenagers will make a toilet paper banner about it.....the rest of us didn't even know it was happening.

Magnificent achievement from Scotland's invinchibles! Loving the fact that the dick who wants his team to come 4th feels the need to pretend he doesn't know anything about it. ???

Hopefully the run can continue against the sheep on Wednesday, but all good things must come to an end sometime!

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Magnificent achievement from Scotland's invinchibles! Loving the fact that the dick who wants his team to come 4th feels the need to pretend he doesn't know anything about it. ???

Hopefully the run can continue against the sheep on Wednesday, but all good things must come to an end sometime!

The internet hard-man strikes again.

As I said before, I've come across plenty on here who use the cover of the internet to think they're big and throw insults around. When I've met them face to face, they're always without exception fat, spotty, wee boys who suddenly turn into shaking cowards.

Are you old enough to drink ? We'll have a pint some time.

14 minutes ago, Rossy said:

As I said before, I've come across plenty on here who use the cover of the internet to think they're big and throw insults around. When I've met them face to face, they're always without exception fat, spotty, wee boys who suddenly turn into shaking cowards.

I don't use any 'cover'. There are plenty on here who've met me in person. 

Seems like you're pretty good at throwing insults around like confetti, not so good at taking it! 

I'll be at Celtic park on Wednesday if  you want to buy me a beer. You won't recognise me though, I'm not fat, spotty, a wee boy (unfortunately) and definitely not a coward ?

Edited by slasher

10 hours ago, Rossy said:

Calls someone an internet hardman then goes on to talk like an internet hardman ?

10 hours ago, Rossy said:

How many times you been catfished then?

there nothing magnificent about this "achievement" its an insult to the players of 67 to say so. The players in 67 were up against proper competition and they conquered Europe too. This doesn't come close to what they did back then.

34 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

there nothing magnificent about this "achievement" its an insult to the players of 67 to say so. The players in 67 were up against proper competition and they conquered Europe too. This doesn't come close to what they did back then.

Doesn't come close? It's one game more than they achieved.

Free spending Rangers never achieved it either during the 90s so can't have been that easy.

2 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Free spending Rangers never achieved it either during the 90s so can't have been that easy.

well done on missing the point and giving the rangers a mention.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

well done on missing the point and giving the rangers a mention.

Not missing the point at all. You're implying that people are suggesting the current team are up there with the Lisbon lions, but nobody is. You just want to think they are so you can play down their achievement.

I gave Rangers a mention to show that having a financial advantage doesn't always guarantee you'll break records.

Carry on though, I'm enjoying the jealousy. 

8 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I take it this is based only on league games?  if So Rangers went 29 games unbeaten in the 92-93 season (Incidentally a run that started and ended against Celtic).