Team for Canada Game - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Canada Game

jamboman

38 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Strachan won't make that many changes : More like 

Gordon 

Anya     Martin    Mulgrew   Wallace 

Forrest  Brown Bannan  Ritchie 

Snodgrass 

Rhodes / Fletcher

It's the way Strachan is

I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if Rhodes even gets called up and astonished if he starts. 

Rest of team I can see happening. Shame as this is the fixture to get Fraser and Phillips started.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, OLAS said:

I posted a few months ago saying Lindsay probably wasn't ready for the Scottish team.   He probably still isn't, but I've completely changed my mind.  

The boy has come on leaps and bounds this season,  bossing established premiership players and is cutting out the errors. He is always a threat at set pieces with 6 or 7 goals to his name.

Strachan should not be able to ignore a towering Scottish defender who plays every week,  has a winning mentality,  scores goals, and is rock solid.   He's also part of a defence that has had 8 clean sheets in 10.  

We're seriously lacking in decent defenders and it's ignorant to overlook a guy who's playing so well just because he plays for a wee team.  

I think everyone at Thistle and the fans are resigned to losing Liam Lindsay in the summer.   He's came out and said the right words - wants to learn his trade at Thistle - but do we always need to wait until a player moves to a bigger team before he gets a chance at representing his country?    

Where's the feckin' scouting system.  Too busy looking at ancestry records probably.  

will be having a good look at him today

assume Strachan will be doing same

My line up v Canada would be

4-3-3

Gordon

Martin           Berra

Robertson                           Tierney

McCarthur

Armstrong       Cairney

Phillips                                  Fraser

Rhodes

Rather have Liam Lindsay and Murray Wallace in the squad than Greer and a few of the others even if they don't play getting experience both young and could have a big future in the game - If Sam Gallagher has agreed to play for us rather than England he will play in both games 

On 3/4/2017 at 7:06 AM, OLAS said:

I posted a few months ago saying Lindsay probably wasn't ready for the Scottish team.   He probably still isn't, but I've completely changed my mind.  

The boy has come on leaps and bounds this season,  bossing established premiership players and is cutting out the errors. He is always a threat at set pieces with 6 or 7 goals to his name.

Strachan should not be able to ignore a towering Scottish defender who plays every week,  has a winning mentality,  scores goals, and is rock solid.   He's also part of a defence that has had 8 clean sheets in 10.  

We're seriously lacking in decent defenders and it's ignorant to overlook a guy who's playing so well just because he plays for a wee team.  

I think everyone at Thistle and the fans are resigned to losing Liam Lindsay in the summer.   He's came out and said the right words - wants to learn his trade at Thistle - but do we always need to wait until a player moves to a bigger team before he gets a chance at representing his country?    

Where's the feckin' scouting system.  Too busy looking at ancestry records probably.  

Won't happen. He disnae play in England. :rolleyes:

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:24 PM, ProudScot said:

Don't think i've ever been less enthused for a Scotland game thanks to the current management.

Stopped travelling to games and possibly wont even bother watching this one on the TV.

Sad times.

I will never stop caring

will bring up Scotland chat and put down

we will come back, it will happen

Really just need a change in management 

some decent players coming through and will take time

fraser -Armstrong- Phillips - Lindsay - Murray Wallace - Cairney - if we get Gallagher plus more are all under 25 and should be in the squads going forward getting experience add in burke - Tierney - Robertson we need to rebuild 

also get Rhodes back as we need a goal scorer with Griffiths not playing at Celtic 

9 minutes ago, wanderer said:

WBA confirm Matt Phillips is suffering from a hamstring injury just now, and is most likely going to miss this weekends game, and chances are he will miss the Canada game.

Shame although likely he wouldn't have been picked anyway as there is probably a player in the Scottish championship Strachan deems better

7 minutes ago, Scout said:

George Boyd is playing week in week out and works very hard defo do a job - If he was Welsh or Irish week be in the squad every time 

We can't call up everyone. There's about 20 midfielders that should get called up apparently. He's had his chance and didn't take it. 

1 hour ago, Paulo2576 said:

We can't call up everyone. There's about 20 midfielders that should get called up apparently. He's had his chance and didn't take it. 

So we should overlook someone playing well and regularly at a good level because he didn't take his chance years ago? Meanwhile we can keep chucking caps at James Forrest. 

He's a 31 year old solid professional but would be a very short sighted selection. Maybe he should have more caps maybe not, but you can be pretty sure he wont be player of the tourney at Euro 2020.

Don't know about James Forrest, maybe he is the sort of player that needs to know the players around him better than he ever will at international level.

28 minutes ago, big clarky said:

Don Cowie, been playing great furra jam tarts this season,fittest player at Hearts,do a great job for Scotland

WTF :lol: :lol: :ok:

1 minute ago, SteveHFC said:

Tom Cairney and Armstrong have to be in the squad. 

Definitely.

Would call up Liam Lindsay and Murray Wallace too for the experience. Give them both 20-30 minutes off the bench against Canada.  

33 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Would call up Liam Lindsay and Murray Wallace too for the experience. Give them both 20-30 minutes off the bench against Canada.  

Totally agree with you there, we must look at some other options in central defence and the more experience they can get now the better.

3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Totally agree with you there, we must look at some other options in central defence and the more experience they can get now the better.

Aye.

Unfortunately another problem is that there's still plenty of numpties firmly stuck in the past that would go nuts at the idea of mighty Scotland (envy of all the world) calling up two players from Partick Thistle and Scünthorpe Utd. Never mind the fact that they are two badly needed young central defenders.

We have to give these players a go soon. 

One for the boards Motherwell fans, how is Zak Jules getting on ?

14 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

x2. Would not be surprised if Darren McGregor gets called up for the Canada game too.