Six Nations - Page 8 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Six Nations

Tartan_Don

3 hours ago, stocky said:

Murrayfield is full of Rich White  NO voters singing  ' rise and be a nation again'  

most of the time doing it better that poorer white blokes who voted yes at Hampden..

I think Swing Low is ok for modern day Rugby...  

Its origins are Slave based i know  however we need to move on

So in your opinion a white guy who has more than a fiver in his pocket, singing FOS @ Murrayfield is a NO voter !!!!!!  - do not go on appearances. 

Last year @ Murrayfield an old guy beside me had the full tweed outfit on, along came the anthems and he sang GSTQ & FOS , so i asked him why did he sing both anthems ? - he said FOS is my countries anthem and GSTQ  relates to the monarch but i mainly sing GSTQ to pish off my English mates [sitting beside him]  as i tell them that they do not have there own anthem and are a lost race.

After we had a dram or two from his tartan clad hip flask, i asked   "so you for independence ?  -  pointing to his lapel , that had an SNP badge attached he said  "fecking right i am son and i hope you are too" !!!

NEVER GO ON FIRST APPEARANCE !   

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Nightmare start 

Will things ever go our way at Twickenham? :(

Horror start

England 13-0 Scotland

b18502d6-623d-470f-87e4-8c49c3517cc4.jpg

Tom Fordyce

Chief sports writer at Twickenham

Posted at16:32

Hellish half for Scotland - man to sin-bin in second minute, try conceded third minute, best player off with head injury, his replacement carried off, scrum-half to wing, fly-half throwing Hail Mary passes on his own line, 20 points down with majority of match still to com

Edited by Toepoke

England have finally clicked at the same time as Scotland save up their worst performance and even more injuries.

The Bath boys in midfield, JJ especially are deadly. This is before the strong English bench comes into play.

We will get a doing here. So glad I punted my £90 ticket. This game reminds me why I don't go to Twickenham.

Any idea what happens to Hogg next week? Failed the HIA.

J

Never saw that coming yesterday, a loss yes, but not that. We never recovered from a disastrous start where everything that could go wrong did. Hogg likely to miss out next week too if he had a head knock. Something seriously wrong with our defensive line, Joseph ran through gaping holes, shouldn't be happening at that level.

6 hours ago, Redz said:

Was he the self loathing, ar se licking co-commentator?

Yes that was him, not surprising that he's a downtrodden no voter.

Scotland were mentally weak yesterday, beaten before the game even started.

11 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Delighted for the Irish, what's the secret lads?

And France v Wales, 20 minutes of time added on? Absolutely bizarre!

Aye, that was mental. At the end I don't think the ref could see if it was a try or not. He just thought "fuk it I've had enough of this, I'm giving the try". Must have been thinking about a penalty try anyway? And probably desperate for a pish. I was. 

At any other point in a match he would have awarded a penalty try several scrums before the try was scored. Barnes was the proverbial rabbit in the headlights, he was desperate for something, anything to happen that would enable him to finish the game. It was actually extraordinary discipline from the French to not give him any excuse to penalise them.

6 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

When are the fixtures out for next year? Quite fancy a trip to Rome.

I would have expected them to be out by now, but it's maybe something to do with waiting until the new headline sponsor is announced.