The Last Man on the Moon - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Last Man on the Moon

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Very odd. Scotty thinks it unbelievable man landed on the moon but professes to a belief in god. Really?

God can't have too much in the way of powers when you consider all the wars, calamities, genocides, famine and ploagues there are in the world and he/she/it stands by and watches.

Cue cryptic quote featuring the word unknowable or something similar

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Especially  the Christians freemasons (only one of which would swear on the Bible) who 'allegedly' walked on the moon.

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Not sure a brief scratchy animation however impressive it was at the time can compare to the hundreds of hours of footage taken in zero gravity.

I was comparing what was done in 1939 to what could be done in 1973. (Your point was 1973 wasn't it?)

Take that 'impressive brief scratchy animation' from 1939 and add 3 1/2 decades of technology to it and...

6 hours ago, biffer said:

Scott's previously said the only bible that counts is the James I bible and anything in the hebrew text isn't relevant.

Not at all.

The King James Version is the best translation, and of course the original writings (in Hebrew, Greek, and some Aramaic) would be the best.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Very odd. Scotty thinks it unbelievable man landed on the moon but professes to a belief in god. Really?

More accurately... I question that man has ever landed on the moon, and I acknowledge the God of the Bible.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

God can't have too much in the way of powers when you consider all the wars, calamities, genocides, famine and ploagues there are in the world and he/she/it stands by and watches.

Sin (thanks to satan and man) is being allowed to run it's natural course to the point of (near) absolute destruction so that there will be no denying the course of the consequence of challenging God.

1 hour ago, biffer said:

Cue cryptic quote featuring the word unknowable or something similar

No, it's knowable.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Zero gravity? On Skylab?:blink:

Some space programs use zero g planes, some use hairspray, harnesses, and CGI, while others film underwater and try to pass off that they are in space.

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

More accurately... I question that man has ever landed on the moon, and I acknowledge the God of the Bible.

Sin (thanks to satan and man) is being allowed to run it's natural course to the point of (near) absolute destruction so that there will be no denying the course of the consequence of challenging God.

No, it's knowable.

Some space programs use zero g planes, some use hairspray, harnesses, and CGI, while others film underwater and try to pass off that they are in space.

Zero gravity?  On a plane?:blink:

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I was comparing what was done in 1939 to what could be done in 1973. (Your point was 1973 wasn't it?)

Take that 'impressive brief scratchy animation' from 1939 and add 3 1/2 decades of technology to it and...

As a fan of old sci-fi I've watched a lot of space movies from the 60s and 70s featuring depictions of weightlessness. Nothing comes close to emulating what is shown on those films from Skylab.

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

You get to the point where it's more feasible to actually go into space than continually fake it.

There is a zero gravity film set that's in constant use, it's called the International Space Station. You'll get some decent views of it from Toronto on the next couple of evenings, well worth a look...

http://iss.astroviewer.net/observation.php?lon=-79.3832&lat=43.6532&name=Toronto

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

For the moon landings there is massive amounts of third party evidence - third party evidence being evidence or analysis of evidence that does not come from NASA or the US Goverment.

And as for your second paragraph - apart from there thankfully being zero evidence - The God you describe doesnt sound very nice and a bit of a tyrant 

"I'm going to give you absolutely no proof i exist apart from the word of other men and if you dont believe it you will burn for eternity" 

Probably why he allows tens of thousands of innocent children to die dailly

All part of the plan of course

54 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

As a fan of old sci-fi...

:sing: Michael Rennie was ill...

55 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

...I've watched a lot of space movies from the 60s and 70s featuring depictions of weightlessness. Nothing comes close to emulating what is shown on those films from Skylab.

Not made by NASA you haven't.

57 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

You get to the point where it's more feasible to actually go into space than continually fake it.

Only if going to space wasn't possible in the first place (and what the consequences of such a big lie coming unravelled would be).

58 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

There is a zero gravity film set that's in constant use, it's called the International Space Station. You'll get some decent views of it from Toronto on the next couple of evenings, well worth a look...

http://iss.astroviewer.net/observation.php?lon=-79.3832&lat=43.6532&name=Toronto

Thank you. I will check it out.

36 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

For the moon landings there is massive amounts of third party evidence - third party evidence being evidence or analysis of evidence that does not come from NASA or the US Goverment.

And as for your second paragraph - apart from there thankfully being zero evidence - The God you describe doesnt sound very nice and a bit of a tyrant 

I think you mean 'zero proof'. (We believe on faith, anyway.)

The design of creation is pretty good evidence, though.

40 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

"I'm going to give you absolutely no proof i exist apart from the word of other men and if you dont believe it you will burn for eternity" 

Man couldn't have written the Bible though because man would have no way of predicting, guiding, and controlling the 100% prophecy record over thousands of years.

43 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Probably why he allows tens of thousands of innocent children to die dailly

All part of the plan of course

Satan and man make a very destructive team.

39 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I think you mean 'zero proof'. (We believe on faith, anyway.)

The design of creation is pretty good evidence, though.

Man couldn't have written the Bible though because man would have no way of predicting, guiding, and controlling the 100% prophecy record over thousands of years.

Satan and man make a very destructive team.

Faith/Belief is playing tennis without the net 

Design happened through millions of years of evolution and not by a creator 

The only possible concession left is a God of the Gaps that instigated the Universe and then left it to it's own devices

The Bible is clearly man made and it is not unique - neither is the story of Jesus or prophecies

You can predict anything successfully if you make it obscure enough and wait long enough

Satan and Man are more powerful than God is what you are saying ?

How convenient - God works in mysterious ways would surely be better ?

God and the Devil are simply metaphors for what the human species has within it

Edited by Ally Bongo

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Faith/Belief is playing tennis without the net 

Going through life without God is like trying to walk a 100 mile tightrope blindfolded over an active volcano.

(Again, no net.)

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Design happened through millions of years of evolution and not by a creator 

What guides the design?

And how did these partially formed creatures reproduce, hunt, eat, etc. while waiting millions of years for something to reproduce with, hunt, eat, etc.

20 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The only possible concession left is a God of the Gaps that instigated the Universe and then left it to it's own devices

If you think about it, creation by an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent entity outside of time works.

22 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The Bible is clearly man made and it is not unique - neither is the story of Jesus or prophecies

Original, and unerring. 

http://www.everystudent.com/features/bible.html

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

You can predict anything successfully if you make it obscure enough and wait long enough

You can't predict world events hundreds and thousands of years in advance, or where you will be born or how you will die.

Satan and Man are more powerful than God is what you are saying ?

No.

Jesus didn't take on flesh to solve the world's problems.

He came to earth to make a way for us to be able to spend eternity with Him.

Our lives, like this world, is temporary.

How convenient - God works in mysterious ways would surely be better ?

God doesn't think like you, mate.

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9

God and the Devil are simply metaphors for what the human species has within it

I have God the Holy Spirit in my heart.

I'd be very interested to hear about God in you.

11 hours ago, phart said:

Falling isn't zero gravity, thats falling.

Actually that's what we mean when we talk about zero g. It's a relativity thing and very very hard to explain. Gravity works over such huge distances that it's impossible to be out of its influence. What we have is free falling in a gravitational field, that's what you're doing when you're in orbit. And that's why youachieve the same thing in a plane by doing a controlled parabolic free fall. However the absolute maximum time you can do this for is about thirty seconds,  otherwise you hit the ground. So if you find 60 seconds of continuous 'zero g'  footage, it can't have been done in a plane. 

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

This is the centre of religion and conspiracy theories. An internal fear that no one is in control, that things just happen. It's a necessary byproduct of human evolution unfortunately, a combination of a hand brake on inquiring thought coupled to the advantage in some cases of believing in things that aren't there and the ability to recognise patterns and complete pictures. 

10 hours ago, Toepoke said:

As a fan of old sci-fi I've watched a lot of space movies from the 60s and 70s featuring depictions of weightlessness. Nothing comes close to emulating what is shown on those films from Skylab.

That's not zero gravity either. If the ISS was operating under zero gravity it would fly off into space. It is gravity which holds it in orbit. 

44 minutes ago, biffer said:

Actually that's what we mean when we talk about zero g. It's a relativity thing and very very hard to explain. Gravity works over such huge distances that it's impossible to be out of its influence. What we have is free falling in a gravitational field, that's what you're doing when you're in orbit. And that's why youachieve the same thing in a plane by doing a controlled parabolic free fall. However the absolute maximum time you can do this for is about thirty seconds,  otherwise you hit the ground. So if you find 60 seconds of continuous 'zero g'  footage, it can't have been done in a plane. 

Gravity exists everywhere in the solar system. Probably everywhere in the universe. You could say gravity is one of the few things which is omnipresent. ;)

When folk describe the situations we have been talking about as "zero gravity" they are wrong. it's just a situation which has been created which gives the appearance of what it would be like if there was zero gravity.

15 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's not zero gravity either. If the ISS was operating under zero gravity it would fly off into space. It is gravity which holds it in orbit. 

Absolutely correct, it's a popular scientific misnomer, like "Daylight Saving Time" which doesn't actually save any daylight.

There can't be many points in the universe where gravity has zero influence.

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Going through life without God is like trying to walk a 100 mile tightrope blindfolded over an active volcano.

(Again, no net.)

Is it ?

There must be millions of people on Earth who either do not believe in your God or believe in another. How do they do it ?

What guides the design?

Survival and continuation of the gene

And how did these partially formed creatures reproduce, hunt, eat, etc. while waiting millions of years for something to reproduce with, hunt, eat, etc.

Dont understand - the earliest living thing did all this and every living thing since has continued to do them

If you think about it, creation by an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent entity outside of time works.

Not really. The God i refer to knows or cares nothing about us which all evidence points to

Original, and unerring. 

http://www.everystudent.com/features/bible.html

The similarities with Jesus and other Gods that existed prior to him is the unerring bit

You can't predict world events hundreds and thousands of years in advance, or where you will be born or how you will die.

You can if it's bullshit. 

No.

Jesus didn't take on flesh to solve the world's problems.

He came to earth to make a way for us to be able to spend eternity with Him.

Our lives, like this world, is temporary.

Why would we want to spend eternity with this Tyrant ?

It's one thing being tapped on the shoulder saying the party is going on but im afraid you have to leave

It's another being tapped on the shoulder saying you have to come to the party and you can never leave

It's wishful thinking and not very good wishful thinking at that

God doesn't think like you, mate.

How do you know ? Met him ? Talked to him ?

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9

God never wrote that

I have God the Holy Spirit in my heart.

I'd be very interested to hear about God in you.

The God in you is the decent bit

The Devil in you is the not so decent

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Gravity exists everywhere in the solar system. Probably everywhere in the universe. You could say gravity is one of the few things which is omnipresent. ;)

When folk describe the situations we have been talking about as "zero gravity" they are wrong. it's just a situation which has been created which gives the appearance of what it would be like if there was zero gravity.

Exactly. To give it a proper description, it's an inertial reference frame moving freely within curved space.