Likely Pre-Slovenia Friendly - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Likely Pre-Slovenia Friendly

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, McDange said:

Where's the Canada chat coming from? 

FIFA had it up on their website for a little bit yesterday, then was removed when the Scottish press started talking about it, but last night one of the guys from the SFA said that the contracts are still to be signed for the match.

Would like to see the match moved to Rugby Park or Easter Road tbh, one third full hampden during the week would be rotten, not had a game at Killie since Estonia game so be nice see game there for a change.

Under 18s, students, pensioners, unemployed and the disabled should get in free to all friendly matches.

I wonder whether it would be worthwhile even experimenting with a "pay what you can" policy that some clubs try for one or two games during the season. 

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Under 18s, students, pensioners, unemployed and the disabled should get in free to all friendly matches.

I wonder whether it would be worthwhile even experimenting with a "pay what you can" policy that some clubs try for one or two games during the season. 

You should send that idea in an email to the SFA and post their reply.

fishing-03.jpg

Need to be a pretty dumb fish to take that bait, was just adding to the other ridiculous ideas put forward. 

Thought disabled did get in free+ a helper, or has that changed?

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Why?I know students,pensioners and dare I say disabled who have more disposable income than some in full time employment

1 hour ago, Langtonian said:

Why?I know students,pensioners and dare I say disabled who have more disposable income than some in full time employment

And that goes for every student, pensioner and disabled person in Scotland does it ?

I believe they should all get in free to friendly games.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

And that goes for every student, pensioner and disabled person in Scotland does it ?

They could let everyone who wanted to go in free regardless of academics, age or disability and the stadiums still wouldn't fill under the present depressing regime.

With what we all forked out last year on games this game should be free,it would then probably at least half fill Hampden and generate a wee bit atmosphere or a token fee and give it to a local charity

16 minutes ago, big clarky said:

With what we all forked out last year on games this game should be free,it would then probably at least half fill Hampden and generate a wee bit atmosphere or a token fee and give it to a local charity

:blink: S.F.A, mate! This'll be minimum £25/head

6 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

why? Students have mare cash than most. 

19 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

No and never said that.Should we let those in part time work,zero hour contract work,those on low paid/ minimum wage work in for free as well?

16 hours ago, northernscum said:

:blink: S.F.A, mate! This'll be minimum £25/head

Can't see it being that high.

Wasn't the Denmark agme only a tenner a head for the west stand? Pretty sure that's all I paid at the portakabin on the night.

4 minutes ago, Langtonian said:

No and never said that.Should we let those in part time work,zero hour contract work,those on low paid/ minimum wage work in for free as well?

I'd be open to a much greater flexibility with regards to who qualifies for free tickets. The friendly crowds are low enough, we need to get more bodies through the gates to cheer the team on. And if they buy tea, pie and a match program then the SFA at least gets a little money back.

Several folk I went to school with struggled to balance their university studies and a minimum wage job, not having rich parents to support them for three or four years. They deserved what concessions they got.

Do you believe all students are all lazy, stoned kunts stealing your tax money ?

On 13/01/2017 at 3:22 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Id maybe accept kids under 16, but the rest can GTF. Thats 4 groups of people that get enough help.

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'd be open to a much greater flexibility with regards to who qualifies for free tickets. The friendly crowds are low enough, we need to get more bodies through the gates to cheer the team on. And if they buy tea, pie and a match program then the SFA at least gets a little money back.

Several folk I went to school with struggled to balance their university studies and a minimum wage job, not having rich parents to support them for three or four years. They deserved what concessions they got.

Do you believe all students are all lazy, stoned kunts stealing your tax money ?

When I got divorced,I struggled a bit with just 1 wage to cover bills etc. 

Would I get free entry too in that scenario?

On 13/01/2017 at 10:08 AM, Reevesy said:

The only option worse than Perth would be Hamilton. Please, no.

What would be wrong with McDiarmid Park? Easy enough to get to. I'd rather see a full 10,000 seater stadium than a quarter full Hampden or half full Easter Road.

2 minutes ago, Langtonian said:

Not all :lol: but then again never intimated that

I take it the fact you highlight the student plight and not the pensioners/ disabled you are or were one?

No, I'm the only one of my group of friends who didn't go to university (totally my own fault) but I saw how how they struggled to earn their degrees and keep a job to support themselves at the same time. They certainly deserved what discounts and freebies they could get from being a student.

Plenty of my grandparents friends amongst the OAP community of Barrhead find it hard to keep going on the basic state pension, they use their concessions and rightly so.

Still maintain, under 18s, students, unemployed and pensioners should get in free for friendlies matches.

2 hours ago, jcluk said:

What would be wrong with McDiarmid Park? Easy enough to get to. I'd rather see a full 10,000 seater stadium than a quarter full Hampden or half full Easter Road.

It's just one of my least favourite grounds. I agree that filling a smaller stadium would be better for atmosphere but would rather it went to Tannadice or Rugby park if we were going down that route.

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

No, I'm the only one of my group of friends who didn't go to university (totally my own fault) but I saw how how they struggled to earn their degrees and keep a job to support themselves at the same time. They certainly deserved what discounts and freebies they could get from being a student.

Plenty of my grandparents friends amongst the OAP community of Barrhead find it hard to keep going on the basic state pension, they use their concessions and rightly so.

Still maintain, under 18s, students, unemployed and pensioners should get in free for friendlies matches.

I dont think free, but I would be open to discounts.  Personally, I used to go, but don't go now to friendlys.  In fact, if you offered me £40 to watch Scotland in a friendly I probably wouldn't bother.