Tennis 2017 - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2017

min

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Murray is more consistent, works harder and is less likely to suffer shock defeats as his level rarely drops low enough to lose to players ranked >10. Hence him being consistently higher ranked. 

I'd say Stan's best tennis is a higher level than Andy's best though. 

Hmmmm.  Not sure I'd agree with that.

Certainly didn't expect Fed to be at this level after injury / six months out of the tour / age catching up, so fair play to him. I also want him to win his semi as it would just be wrong to me for Stan to have more slams than Murray.

Hoping Raonic wins the tournament now.

Hoping for a Dmitrov vs Stan final, with a Dmitrov victory. 

As long as one of those two win the title, i'll be satisfied. Can't be arsed with the chugfest from the media that would follow a Federer win and think Raonic is monumentally dull to watch. 

45 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Hoping for a Dmitrov vs Stan final, with a Dmitrov victory. 

As long as one of those two win the title, i'll be satisfied. Can't be arsed with the chugfest from the media that would follow a Federer win and think Raonic is monumentally dull to watch. 

Couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

When Djokovic got knocked out I fancied sticking a few quid on Fed to win it at 20/1.  Got sidetracked and didn't and pretty sure he'll win it now.

Out of interest, anyone know the oldest male to win a Slam?

Ken Rosewall I think.

Raonic totally lacks that killer instinct. Blew so many chances to win that 2nd set and allowed Nadal to take it on his only set point. 

Looking forward to Rafa vs Dmitrov, should be a cracker. 

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

What a champ!

Was going to say earlier they're not the players they were but that last set was titanic.

You spelled "w@nker" wrong. 

• 1 month later...

Murray v Verdasco about to start. Hopefully another 500 ranking points (and $500k) to increase his lead over Djokovic in the rankings. Then a big month coming up with back-to back Masters in Indian Wells and Miami.