No Voters - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

And, let us grieve, Eddard, before jumping down my throat. This is for us hurting.

Post up your quotes or soundbytes you've heard so far.

But so far from 1 definite No and the other (who won't tell me ''my vote is private'')

"The big 3 came up to Scotland to show us how much they care for us"

"My vote's a private thing. I know you are hurting, but I don't think Eck was the right man for the job''

And, let us grieve, Eddard, before jumping down my throat. This is for us hurting.

But so far from 1 definite No and the other (who won't tell me ''my vote is private'')

"The big 3 came up to Scotland to show us how much they care for us"

"My vote's a private thing. I know you are hurting, but I don't think Eck was the right man for the job''

fire away mate. ....

They voted for a corrupt neoliberal state. The past 4 years I've learned to dispise everything about Westminster and it's politics. I know people were scared, I know there was risks but I genuinely thought Scotland would reject that way to govern for something better.

"I voted no because my wife is an accountant, she has a degree in economics and she says it won't work"

Dumbfounded.

badger them all. They voted against Scotlands nationhood and sovereignty. They are not 'just as Scottish' they said no to that. They are Brits now pure and simple.

When things calm down a bit you will realise you simply can't say f@ck them. They need to be engaged and find out the reasons a majority voted no. I have a good idea as to why. But it's important they come to the conclusion their selves and not be seen to force them. We mustn't forget a lot of the no voters were the oldest of the population and relied heavily on the traditional forms of media for information. Add that to the scare tactics and a general worry about change and it's no surprise the way they voted. Most of the yes voters I'd say were totally opposite of this . Younger, less afraid and getting more information from social media rather than relying in state sponsored media. How you get the message across to them is going to be difficult but not impossible. Calling them scum and the likes won't do it. There needs to be dialogue

When things calm down a bit you will realise you simply can't say f@ck them. They need to be engaged and find out the reasons a majority voted no. I have a good idea as to why. But it's important they come to the conclusion their selves and not be seen to force them. We mustn't forget a lot of the no voters were the oldest of the population and relied heavily on the traditional forms of media for information. Add that to the scare tactics and a general worry about change and it's no surprise the way they voted. Most of the yes voters I'd say were totally opposite of this . Younger, less afraid and getting more information from social media rather than relying in state sponsored media. How you get the message across to them is going to be difficult but not impossible. Calling them scum and the likes won't do it. There needs to be dialogue

This

all true.

Lassie on radio 2 said "i didn't want lose the chance to compete for team gb in her sport of rowing"

2 things hen, 1 no-one gives a flying f#ck about rowing and 2 its obvious that competing for something which is auite clearly being aimed at you as a global brand that you think will make you famous, that is obviously more important to you than having pride in competing for your country.

And the other one was i don't want to lose england. As if on friday we were going to dig up the border and have ships tow us roond to the med.

How many folk were influenced by the likes of beckham and that as well?

Fair enough if your opinion of no was based on political arguements, but the things stated above are.just moronic.

Perhaps the only way to resolve this issue is to make it mandatory to read the available literature before you are afforded a vote. Surely this would weed out those with an IQ lower than a dead ducks blood pressure. I jest of course. .....

Perhaps the only way to resolve this issue is to make it mandatory to read the available literature before you are afforded a vote. Surely this would weed out those with an IQ lower than a dead ducks blood pressure. I jest of course. .....

I always thought there should be an essay question on a ballot, yes because, labour candidate because.

If you can't answer it's spoilt. Anything such as hate torys, ww2, Facebook says so. You're out

From some No voters (aged 55 and upwards) -

"Before I vote for Independence I want to know who owns Scotland."

"We warned the Council (Glasgow) not to put wooden seats in (new walkway) ' cause vandals would burn them and that's what happened.

"What happens in Russia invades us? We cannae defend ourselves"

"There's only 5 years oil left"

"What about the Scots in England"

"We'll have to use the Euro"

"Ma pension wont get paid"

...... I could go on and on.

It's criminal that these clueless folks have denied younger ones a chance to build a better Scotland.

It's a pity that the votes couldn't be weighted so that the older one's votes did not count as much as younger ones - ' cause it's the younger ones who have most at stake.

One of my main reasons for YES is democracy, ie the people of Scotland get the govt we vote for all the time... this was always answered by' the majority didnae vote for the SNP'... ie only 44% of people who voted did and therefore the rest didnae want them.... so the majority didnae get what they wanted... u have heard the argument..

Funny how it changed when I put the same argument back at them today

Naw only won 2 million out of 4.3 million votes, not a MAJORITY... mair that us I concede, but not a Majority.... its funny watchin them trying to do the maths and change the subject... my only wee bit of joy so far this weekend......

My faither in law voted no because he didnt like salmond and compared him to hitler as hitler didnt listen to anyone either.We had a few discussions over this and he also told me he didnt want salmond running the country if it was a yes. :wtf: My faither in law is a decent man but his politics and arguments are shit.

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314