Performance Director - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Performance Director

Alan

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

There were approx 10,000 messages sent, if you think the ones released were the only ones of note or exceptions then I think you are barking up the wrong tree. If someone is happy to be racist, homophobic and misogynistic in a handful of messages seen then I would suggest thats his character full stop. 

And to add to his crime sheet, the "crazy" CURRENT chairman of Cardiff, yep its still the same one, is now getting Mackay investigated for bungs on transfer deals. Who would have thought it, someone who is sinking £1m a month into a club to keep them afloat is wanting dodgy transfer deals looked into because he thinks his club has been ripped off by his former manager and agents. Funnily enough this mental chairman wants the hearings heard in public, so everyone can make their own judgement on what happened around these transfer deals, Mackay and his assistant and the agents all want them held in private so discussions can't be disclosed to the general public. I wonder why that is?

Aside from Mackay not exactly being the best of characters, currently being investigated on fraud allegations against Cardiff, I do wonder what in his glowing CV made him a stick on for the role of Performance Director at the SFA?

When you see the work he's done in the last two years to learn about racism and now be in a position to coach other coaches on it, it's understandable how his appointment is being approved by racism campaigners.

A refreshing interview too and happy to give him the benefit of the doubt in some respects.

In terms of the claim from Cardiff - Timing bizarre years after the alleged fraud. See what comes of it but I suspect nothing.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/12/2016 at 2:28 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

All of it was reprehensible. As for the "public shaming", my heart bleeds for him :rolleyes:

Would you be happy if a teacher or police officer expressed such sentiments ? 

Let's refresh our memory of them again, courtesy of kumnio on the previous page:

Completely unacceptable. We shouldn't be employing this detestable cünt at all.

I'm not saying the public shaming wasn't deserved, it was. but by all account he's very much taken it on board, has immersed himself in anti-discrimination, educated himself and is very much a changed man. Should we outcast people because they were assholes once upon a time, or accept that people can change and encourage them to do so by rewarding people who do make the effort to learn and grow as human beings?

Edited by andyD

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

When you see the work he's done in the last two years to learn about racism and now be in a position to coach other coaches on it, it's understandable how his appointment is being approved by racism campaigners.

A refreshing interview too and happy to give him the benefit of the doubt in some respects.

In terms of the claim from Cardiff - Timing bizarre years after the alleged fraud. See what comes of it but I suspect nothing.

I am sure he didn't need much teaching on racism and I am sure the racism campaigners are delighted to have one of their own in the post.

Timing is as expected to be honest, Tan is obviously a vindictive man and would be hoping that releasing that story scuppered Mackay for the SFA post, as he did with earlier leaks when I think Mackay was about to join Palace. As said though, Tan seems to the one wanting the hearing heard in public, the defendants don't.

2 hours ago, andyD said:

I'm not saying the public shaming wasn't deserved, it was. but by all account he's very much taken it on board, has immersed himself in anti-discrimination, educated himself and is very much a changed man. Should we outcast people because they were assholes once upon a time, or accept that people can change and encourage them to do so by rewarding people who do make the effort to learn and grow as human beings?

I am of the belief that if you get to 40 years of age and are still a racist, anti-semetic, homophobic misogynist then that's your character and the content of a few courses is unlikely to change that. Your comment about being assholes "once upon a time" suggests it was a one off event years ago. Given the pish that Mackay has spewed, I am going to bet that that wasn't the case and its only the tip of the iceberg. 

51 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I am of the belief that if you get to 40 years of age and are still a racist, anti-semetic, homophobic misogynist then that's your character and the content of a few courses is unlikely to change that. Your comment about being assholes "once upon a time" suggests it was a one off event years ago. Given the pish that Mackay has spewed, I am going to bet that that wasn't the case and its only the tip of the iceberg. 

Well, you're entitled to your belief.

Personally, I think it's fine for people to be racist, anti-semitic, homophobic and mysogynistic. They're parts of the human psyche that we will never, ever be rid of. So you can be those things, it's not even necessarily your fault hat you are those things, the important part if that you don't act based upon them. You can't police people's thoughts, but you can educate them so that they do and say racist things, despite how they might feel.

That education is what Mackay's spent the last couple of years doing. And from his press conference, it's his intent to share that knowledge as part of his new role. Who better to help an alcoholic than a recovered alcoholic?

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I am sure he didn't need much teaching on racism and I am sure the racism campaigners are delighted to have one of their own in the post.

Timing is as expected to be honest, Tan is obviously a vindictive man and would be hoping that releasing that story scuppered Mackay for the SFA post, as he did with earlier leaks when I think Mackay was about to join Palace. As said though, Tan seems to the one wanting the hearing heard in public, the defendants don't.

I think you've answered your own question there.  Vincent Tan wants the hearings in public so that - regardless of the outcome - any mud that is thrown around towards Mackay and others will stick.   You really have to wonder what exactly it is that Mackay did - or he thinks he did - that was so bad for him to go to these lengths.  I imagine "loss of face" has a lot to do with it,

50 minutes ago, aaid said:

I think you've answered your own question there.  Vincent Tan wants the hearings in public so that - regardless of the outcome - any mud that is thrown around towards Mackay and others will stick.   You really have to wonder what exactly it is that Mackay did - or he thinks he did - that was so bad for him to go to these lengths.  I imagine "loss of face" has a lot to do with it,

I would think loss of face has a lot to do with it as well as Mackay supposedly calling him a chink, don't imagine he would take that well.

19 hours ago, Regenmann said:

Surely his old man used his SFA connections to pull a few strings?

The guy was unemployable until this came along - even Barry Bennell had better career prospects. 

That's got to be the most ridiculous post I've ever seen on this board. And the competition is pretty stiff.

Someone sending less than a handful of private unsavoury text messages to a mate means their career prospects are worse than a convicted filthy multiple kiddie fiddler???

I wouldn't mind visiting your planet for a while. Must be seriously trippy.

On 15/12/2016 at 11:02 AM, Parklife said:

Don't "Show Racism the Red Card" say "Hun" is a sectarian word? Sums up how thick those guys are. 

I don't want to punish him forever. I don't want him getting a prominent role in Scottish football right away though. 

Fair comment.  But where do you draw the line at "right away" though?  He's spent the last three years out of work (except for a short ill-fated spell at Wigan) and most of that educating himself in the areas where he went wrong.  Takes a big man to do that especially so publicly so I think he's earned his redemption and the chance to take on a prominent role now.

If he lays the foundations for major tournament qualification and, dare I say it, progression beyond the group stages then that is surely the true measurement of the appointment?

Lets give the guy a chance. I hope he does well. In fact, very well indeed.

It's an odd one. I have had the pleasure of meeting his father at QP on a few occasions and a nicer gentleman you will struggle to meet.

Has he just had a blip and will learn I wonder?

Is he destined to always be a million miles away from his dad as a human? 

Would we care if he actually succeeds in this job?

17 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

That's got to be the most ridiculous post I've ever seen on this board. And the competition is pretty stiff.

Someone sending less than a handful of private unsavoury text messages to a mate means their career prospects are worse than a convicted filthy multiple kiddie fiddler???

I wouldn't mind visiting your planet for a while. Must be seriously trippy.

The Bennell comment was clearly facetious.

"Unsavoury" - hmmm - here's a wee reminder -

"Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around."

"Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers"

"Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering."

He's a repulsive racist slug.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14973031.Graeme_McGarry__Malky_Mackay__39_s_press_conference_suggests_he_is_only_sorry_that_he_got_caught/

Pretty fair summary imo.  I don't think he came across particularly well and Regan never displays a persona befitting of a man running our game.  

That'll be Mr McGarry blacklisted by Broadfoot from future SFA/SPFL press conferences though...

Interesting quote from MacKay in that article:

"Kids playing against kids all the way right up stops the flow of an 18,19 year old ending up in a first team and playing 200 games before he's 21".

You mean like Craig Sibbald? Who was an ever-present in the Falkirk first team at 18 and completed over 200 appearances earlier this season, at 21?

He should be a perfect example to support the argument of the new Performance Director. He ticks all the boxes in that he made his debut at 16, has been playing against men ever since and has smashed through the 200 barrier.  

There's only one problem.

He couldn't get near the Scotland Under 19 or Under 21 sides. Why not? Because regardless of his form, he was continually snubbed in favour of Old Firm players who'd never played a competitive game for their clubs.

You couldn't make it up. :banghead:

FTOF.

14 hours ago, Snapperone said:

Interesting quote from MacKay in that article:

"Kids playing against kids all the way right up stops the flow of an 18,19 year old ending up in a first team and playing 200 games before he's 21".

You mean like Craig Sibbald? Who was an ever-present in the Falkirk first team at 18 and completed over 200 appearances earlier this season, at 21?

He should be a perfect example to support the argument of the new Performance Director. He ticks all the boxes in that he made his debut at 16, has been playing against men ever since and has smashed through the 200 barrier.  

There's only one problem.

He couldn't get near the Scotland Under 19 or Under 21 sides. Why not? Because regardless of his form, he was continually snubbed in favour of Old Firm players who'd never played a competitive game for their clubs.

You couldn't make it up. :banghead:

FTOF.

I'm not a Falkirk fan but the fact he's never been called up to the Scotland under 21's side is a disgrace. 

Out of interest, how's he been this season? I got the feeling at the tail end of last season that his development had stalled a bit and he possibly needed to move on to try and keep improving. 

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'm not a Falkirk fan but the fact he's never been called up to the Scotland under 21's side is a disgrace. 

Out of interest, how's he been this season? I got the feeling at the tail end of last season that his development had stalled a bit and he possibly needed to move on to try and keep improving. 

He's probably stalled a bit and I imagine he'll leave us when his contract expires at the end of the season. 

He reminds me a bit of Scott Arfield. Brilliant at times, but maybe getting a bit stale due to being too many years with us. Hopefully he'll get a good move to England and then kick on from there, just as Scott did.