Strachan remains - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan remains

clarky1606

15 hours ago, kumnio said:

Ah well, fcking ram it then. That's me done. 

13 hours ago, Ormond said:

That is it. I am done. What an absolute embarrassment we are. The years I have followed football(I'm 36), I have never known such bawbaggery. What a fvcking joke!

likewise.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not too surprised he is being kept on, as money talks no matter what the SFA say. Two 3-0 defeats are hard to take along with the 1-1 draw with Lithuania. He is a lucky man to still be manager. To say we can still finish second is a tall order and bold statement. If we do lose the next game then we have absolute no hope.......will they sack him then? If they do the poor bugger who takes over will have nothing to play for. Absolute shambles.

17 hours ago, MSP said:

Going to away games, boycotting home games.........please explain in no more than 500 words! ?

its self explanatory.

Still get to follow the country and don't serve to finance the SFA (there is no mark up on away tickets so we pay what they pay)

If we continue to shuffle up to Hampden paying top dollar for the privilege while the blazers look on from their nice wee corporate areas laughing at us for doing so then we need our heads examined. These people are not as they claim to be 'football' people (heard Petrie bleating about that). They are corporate people, They are looking at the financial side before anything and as is detailed above they have also tied Strachan down to an extended contract which is utter madness after the last shambles of a campaign.

The same bad smells have been hanging around the corridors for far too long, aided and abetted by the new failed hierarchy such as Regan. We don't do things by half do we. we seem to match the shambles at the top with the performances on the park.

It is a shambles, and yet those responsible are refusing to take responsibility so we only have one course of action open to us, force them out the door and fans can be damn powerful when they get unity in an approach.

If the likes of Regan and Petrie refuse to walk away then that proves to me they simply don't care about the damage they are doing to our game. They are intent on bringing the game down with them.

From 2001 until recently I never missed a home game and made at least two away games during a campaign. I was enthusiastic, optimistic and had hope. For the last two years I have been to two home games and one away game. I have no intention of going to any games this campaign.

All hope and optimism I had has been diminished. I expect us to lose and grudge the exorbitant prices the SFA are now charging. I did not renew my membership. My  reasons are ticket prices and Strachan. He seems to make bizarre decisions re team selection which has cost us. We have went from being a team who always seemed to score to a team that struggles to get shots on target and leak goals. We are going backwards whilst Wales and Northern Ireland get results. It's embarrassing how bad we are and it isn't going to change anytime soon.

These days  I spend my money on rugby. The team isn't great but at least there is commitment and the occasional  win. I am lost to the Scotland football team and don't think I will be returning, which is a shame because I had some fabulous times. 

1 hour ago, Boboblanko said:

From 2001 until recently I never missed a home game and made at least two away games during a campaign. I was enthusiastic, optimistic and had hope. For the last two years I have been to two home games and one away game. I have no intention of going to any games this campaign.

All hope and optimism I had has been diminished. I expect us to lose and grudge the exorbitant prices the SFA are now charging. I did not renew my membership. My  reasons are ticket prices and Strachan. He seems to make bizarre decisions re team selection which has cost us. We have went from being a team who always seemed to score to a team that struggles to get shots on target and leak goals. We are going backwards whilst Wales and Northern Ireland get results. It's embarrassing how bad we are and it isn't going to change anytime soon.

These days  I spend my money on rugby. The team isn't great but at least there is commitment and the occasional  win. I am lost to the Scotland football team and don't think I will be returning, which is a shame because I had some fabulous times. 

Relatively speaking the Scottish rugby team are one of the top nations in the world. Two one point losses to Australia in 18 months is equivalent to Scotland losing narrowly at football to say Argentina twice in 18 months. Sorry the rugby team is in an infinitely more positive position right now and the facts don't lie.

SRU>sfa

10 minutes ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

Relatively speaking the Scottish rugby team are one of the top nations in the world. Two one point losses to Australia in 18 months is equivalent to Scotland losing narrowly at football to say Argentina twice in 18 months. Sorry the rugby team is in an infinitely more positive position right now and the facts don't lie.

SRU>sfa

I don't think it's something as easily compared.

How many top teams are there in international rugby?

if there was as many as there is in football our rugger boys would be playing in the equivalent of the irn bru cup and be out in the first round. 

Scotlands rugby team are stagnant, being rapidly caught by your Italys and Argentinas and that's down to the basic fact in Scotland for the majority of the population there is no access (nor desire to provide that access) to the majority of population to rugby.

Edited by TartanTon
Cannie spell

Not sure what the surprise is all about..

we drew against lithuania and that was poor

we got humped by Slovaki and we planned for a point, although we were poor

England beat us and we expected that. If anyone was not expecting that at Wembley then your are blind!

at this stage we are 3 points away from our target - one win.

I thought we completed well against England for 60 mins and had bettter chances. They scored 2 great goals. I thought Strachan set up well against a better England team.

I do think he needs to re-think Bardsley, Boyd and Adams - just to shake it up again. Hanley is no where near a Scotland team. Strachan needs to work out Burke - he has touches.

I thought for 60 minute Brown and Fletcher played well but there seems to be hatred on here for Fletcher in particular. Why cant folk see he works bloody hard to do the quiet job all teams need and his game has never been a Souness type.

Accept where we are and understand the diffficulties we have at present. I hate losing but live in hope.

Edited by sandyb
Spellings

1 hour ago, sandyb said:

England beat us and we expected that. If anyone was not expecting that at Wembley then your are blind!

I thought we completed well against England for 60 mins and had bettter chances. They scored 2 great goals. I thought Strachan set up well against a better England team.

I do think he needs to re-think Bardsley, Boyd and Adams - just to shake it up again. Hanley is no where near a Scotland team. Strachan needs to work out Burke - he has touches.

I thought for 60 minute Brown and Fletcher played well but there seems to be hatred on here for Fletcher in particular. Why cant folk see he works bloody hard to do the quiet job all teams need and his game has never been a Souness type.

Accept where we are and understand the diffficulties we have at present. I hate losing but live in hope.

where are we getting the three points from that we didnt need to get already

answer, nowhere

we are such a joke now that sfa just hedging their bets dont need to spend a little more cash as nobody cares anymore

theyre probably right

there will be nil reaction from fans/press

19 hours ago, TartanTon said:

I don't think it's something as easily compared.

How many top teams are there in international rugby?

if there was as many as there is in football our rugger boys would be playing in the equivalent of the irn bru cup and be out in the first round. 

Scotlands rugby team are stagnant, being rapidly caught by your Italys and Argentinas and that's down to the basic fact in Scotland for the majority of the population there is no access (nor desire to provide that access) to the majority of population to rugby.

You obviously don't watch rubgy so shouldn't comment on it.

4 hours ago, ProudScot said:

You obviously don't watch rubgy so shouldn't comment on it.

Is that right. Well your observations are wrong. Not only did I used to attend Scotland games at Murrayfield I played the game throughout school. 

Care to comment? 

23 hours ago, sandyb said:

I'm with you.  

What I really don't get is this nonsense about the "Blazers" and how they're "laughing" at us.  Guys - go and see a doctor, I think you need some meds. 

13 hours ago, daddybuc16 said:

Its all fine and well the sfa saying he can turn it around, but to get best 2nd place we would need 6 wins from the next 6. And considering our last decent win was over 2 years ago its not going to happen.

Not really.  If England win all their games (they probably will) we only need to beat Slovakia at home and Lithuania away and it's in our own hands.  We're in a group of four and have only played two matches.  

On 17/11/2016 at 9:34 PM, ProudScot said:

If you've seen anything in this campaign to make you think we can beat Slovenia then that's concerning.

Slovenia match could be a record low for a home qualifier attendance and no wonder. 

I didn't say the campaign. 

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

We do have a significant problem that there are no international quality Scottish centre halves at the moment.  I don't see how that can be Strachan's fault.  

Playing guys who are regularly starting at their clubs might help, change the formation to accommodate the defenders. We have to work hard to create chances, the opposition don't. That's what needs to be addressed

11 hours ago, adamntg said:

I'm with you.  

What I really don't get is this nonsense about the "Blazers" and how they're "laughing" at us.  Guys - go and see a doctor, I think you need some meds. 

Not really.  If England win all their games (they probably will) we only need to beat Slovakia at home and Lithuania away and it's in our own hands.  We're in a group of four and have only played two matches.  

We do have a significant problem that there are no international quality Scottish centre halves at the moment.  I don't see how that can be Strachan's fault.  

Stu is that you? ?

11 hours ago, girvanTA said:

Playing guys who are regularly starting at their clubs might help, change the formation to accommodate the defenders. We have to work hard to create chances, the opposition don't. That's what needs to be addressed

And if the guys who are playing regularly are significantly worse than the guys selected?  Who do you have in mind?

Edited by adamntg

7 hours ago, girvanTA said:

Phil Bardsley, Tom Cairney, Stephen Kingsley, Barry Douglas, Stuart Armstrong

You want to play Stuart Armstrong at centre half?

And your list is entirely subjective.  I would probably put Armstrong and Bardsley in the squad, the rest not really.  I haven't seen Barry Douglas since he left United but he was a thousand miles away from international quality then. 

Barry Douglas won a Polish title with Poznan and with his new Turkish club is playing regularly in the Europa League. Strachan's Championship bench-warmers are not, I'd suggest, playing at the same level as him..

But then, you're just, as I've suggested before, argumentative for the sake of it, aren't you?