SSC Email Update - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Email Update

CNelson

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a competition giving away 2 Tickets to a cup game. At least someone will go to that.

They want to have a look at giving away 30,000 Tickets for the next Scotland game as i can see the Slovenia game being a right flop. 

4 minutes ago, stitch said:

They have a competition giving away 2 Tickets to a cup game. At least someone will go to that.

They want to have a look at giving away 30,000 Tickets for the next Scotland game as i can see the Slovenia game being a right flop. 

If you read further down it says 'Congratulations to our last winner 'England' who won our 3 goal giveaway prize. Next round opens 2017'.

5 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Wrong. No FA has any input. Its all computer generated after draw.

They would have had input to the decision to time all games for 5pm and 7.45pm. At which time they could have said 'Our supporters like home games on Saturday at 3pm', 'Getting away from Hampden at night is murder', and 'Naebody will turn up if we have a terrible campaign.' I don't think they did.

31 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

They would have had input to the decision to time all games for 5pm and 7.45pm. At which time they could have said 'Our supporters like home games on Saturday at 3pm', 'Getting away from Hampden at night is murder', and 'Naebody will turn up if we have a terrible campaign.' I don't think they did.

No they couldn't - they, like all football associations, had no input into dates and kick off times. 

1 hour ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

For the first time, qualifying takes place under the new 'Week of Football' concept, in which games are spread out from Thursday to Tuesday, shining the spotlight on more teams on the road to the finals in France. Moreover, thanks to the Week of Football idea, at least 33% of games will be played on weekends, giving fans a better chance to follow the action on television, in the stadiums and on UEFA.com. In UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying, only 26 matches out of 245 were held on Saturdays or Sundays.

Kick-off times will be set mainly at 18.00CET and 20.45CET on Saturdays and Sundays and at 20.45CET for Thursdays, Fridays, Mondays and Tuesdays. In double-header matchweeks, teams will play on Thursday/Sunday, Friday/Monday or Saturday/Tuesday. Each day of the Week of Football will have eight to ten matches.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2113875.html

None of the associations had any say on which days matches are played or the kick off times.  The only exceptions are those countries in East such as Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, etc., where the time difference would mean you'd have games kicking off at midnight.  

Plenty of things to justifiably criticise the SFA about but this isn't one of them.

• 1 month later...