Petrie defends Strachan and 'blazers! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Petrie defends Strachan and 'blazers!

TA Footsoldier

Scottish FA vice-president Rod Petrie has defended Gordon Strachan, saying he has done "a good job" as national team boss.

The Hibernian chairman gave his support to the under-fire Scotland boss following criticism in the wake of the poor start to qualification for the 2018 World Cup.

Friday's 3-0 defeat to Wembley leaves Scotland second bottom of Group F with four points from as many matches and increased calls for Strachan to quit.

Asked if Strachan retained his support, Petrie told STV: "Gordon Strachan is the national team manager, yes. He's done a good job."

When quizzed over whether or not he wished the former Celtic boss to remain in charge, Petrie refused to answer.

The Easter Road chief also defended those at the governing body running the game.

Clueless, head in sand attitude we are to expect from those in SFA!

Point made on sportsound by one of the journos last night that cause of the continued progress made across the Irish Sea and in wales (as we are all to aware about on here) its totally destroying Strachans credibility more than the gash results. I'm amazed he hasn't gone yet, but then again I'm not.

Edited by JECK

6 hours ago, JECK said:

Point made on sportsound by one of the journos last night that cause of the continued progress made across the Irish Sea and in wales (as we are all to aware about on here) its totally destroying Strachans credibility more than the gash results. I'm amazed he hasn't gone yet, but then again I'm not.

As I've said time and again, NI are pish and carried luck like you've never seen to even qualify, and when they got there they were beaten in every game bar one. 

Edit : in their defence, they are a very small "country" with a very limited pool of players. Good luck to them. 

Edited by adamntg

6 minutes ago, adamntg said:

As I've said time and again, NI are pish and carried luck like you've never seen to even qualify, and when they got there they were beaten in every game bar one. 

Edit : in their defence, they are a very small "country" with a very limited pool of players. Good luck to them. 

Are you confident that we would go to Windsor Park in a competitive game, now and in the last year, and get a result ?

Im almost positive we wouldnt