Boycott - Page 4 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Boycott

dandydunn

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

If that is what it takes.....

On a more sensible note, I very much agree with your posts on the subject. I too will be boycotting this game, I have stood by the team home and away for more years than I can remember but I feel some statement now has to be made. I get no pleasure from this at all, quite the opposite.  

Just get the M.A.S.H tune playing as the run out (or we could always sing that instead of FoS)

On the sensible side. It hurts any genuine fan to stay away on principle and if that's ignored by the SFA then it'll confirm they really aren't very concerned whether we turn up or not.

Time will tell. For the moment the SFA committee are bunkered down with hard hats but if the only attendees at Hampden come from season tickets then financially they will get a kicking, and I'd say to those who do go don't buy a thing at the ground that can generate money for the SFA. Ultimately it's up to the individual though what they do, if they do anything, and of course there are those who are supportive of current state of affairs, and that is their choice. 

Edited by TartanTon
Wurldy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, TartanTon said:

Just get the M.A.S.H tune playing as the run out (or we could always sing that instead of FoS)

On the sensible side. It hurts any genuine fan to stay away on principle and if that's ignored by the SFA then it'll confirm they really aren't very concerned whether we turn up or not.

Time will tell. For the moment the SFA committee are bunkered down with hard hats but if the only attendees at Hampden come from season tickets then financially they will get a kicking, and I'd say to those who do go don't buy a thing at the ground that can generate money for the SFA. Ultimately it's up to the individual though what they do, if they do anything, and of course there are those who are supportive of current state of affairs, and that is their choice. 

I would be in favour of an organised boycott of the pie shop. But I'm not going to organise it. That is obviously a job for ATAC.;)

It would mean that I could served quicker and get as many pies as I wanted. But it would also get the attention of the media. I can see the headlines now "Scottish football fans refuse to eat pies -shocker"

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I would be in favour of an organised boycott of the pie shop. But I'm not going to organise it. That is obviously a job for ATAC.;)

It would mean that I could served quicker and get as many pies as I wanted. But it would also get the attention of the media. I can see the headlines now "Scottish football fans refuse to eat pies -shocker"

I think you are on to something there. There is no bigger news story in Scotland than that of pies. 

On 20/11/2016 at 11:17 AM, TDYER63 said:

Maybe the kilts should be ditched and everyone goes dressed as a nun. We could have a big sing off between those in favour of Strachan and those not . Those in favour could sing this 

Should get quite lively at the fast bit. 

And for everyone else, and in keeping with the godly aspect :

40, 000 nuns would certainy draw some attention ...........

That would mean a fair few folk still Whimpling on. 

Most important game of the campaign v Slovenia. Win and we are in with a shout anything else we are out. If ever the team needs our support it is the Slovenia game. I will not be part of this boycott.

On 11/25/2016 at 8:36 PM, Doric said:

Most important game of the campaign v Slovenia. Win and we are in with a shout anything else we are out. If ever the team needs our support it is the Slovenia game. I will not be part of this boycott.

D'ye see that's actually true and l would encourage everywan tae gie it a go instead o faffing aboot wae a boycott.

10 hours ago, TartanTon said:

vocally or silently? i only ask as the crowd at the Lithuania game never supported the team.

It was like a morgue.Boycott or no boycott the atmosphere is subdued and pathetic.

Vocally, but I refer you to my previous comments on this :)

'Currently, it's hard to support the team when your surrounded by folk booing, moaning and passionately NOT 'celebrating failure'. A singing section where like-minded individuals can stand together and vocally support the team is sure to bring a bit more atmosphere into the stadium'

Should probably be a better atmosphere this time round, given most of the problem seem to be involved in some kind of protest. 

13 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Vocally, but I refer you to my previous comments on this :)

'Currently, it's hard to support the team when your surrounded by folk booing, moaning and passionately NOT 'celebrating failure'. A singing section where like-minded individuals can stand together and vocally support the team is sure to bring a bit more atmosphere into the stadium'

Should probably be a better atmosphere this time round, given most of the problem seem to be involved in some kind of protest. 

It'll not be a better atmosphere. It'll be a reduced crowd but I don't disagree with a singing section but in reality it should be the entire crowd, (or 3 sides anyway). That's what we were used to but it's now a whimper. (Not helped by constant tannoy nonsense which just  mutes the crowd anyway.

But people are allowed to boo if what they are watching is hopeless.

On 11/18/2016 at 11:50 PM, stevea said:

Wel  support you ever more.. Except if we dinna agree we the manager, the price o tickets the quee for the pies, the huge pheasant feather I canna get me head to look around, the  ticket pick ups, the singing, the standiing in the stadium, the stadium itself, any other feckin moaning thing we can think o..... Feck sake yer either a supporter or yer not 

no feckin boycott .. Wise up

Surely you aren't as much of a walkover in everyday life?

• 3 weeks later...

You can stick the England game right up yer spam rolls. If people are happy to be bent over and continually rogered up the jeer then so be it. Don't complain when prices continue to rise and product on the park gets continually worse 

Some fans are beyond parody. There's supporting your team through thick and thin then there's the charicature attitude that a number of these halfwits thrive on

14 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

You can stick the England game right up yer spam rolls. If people are happy to be bent over and continually rogered up the jeer then so be it. Don't complain when prices continue to rise and product on the park gets continually worse 

Some fans are beyond parody. There's supporting your team through thick and thin then there's the charicature attitude that a number of these halfwits thrive on

Aye but you get to go kilted up to the max - who cares about the football :D